• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My doctor has lost his mind WOW!

Seems to me that when you walk out after setting the appointment and waiting for way too damn long, all that does is help him attempt to get back on schedule. Thereby reducing the aggravation for the rest of his days patients. I don't see what the issue is. Other than him being Capt. Butthead. Sounds like a guy who believes the rules of civility don't apply to him.

PJ

He screams that I will be getting a notice that he is suing me for a missed appt in small claims court.

That is hilarious. Doctors generally dislike lawyers and vice versa. He shouldn't expect to find much sympathy in a courtroom setting.... ;)

I say just find a new doctor and move on. He's not worth any more of your time, even that time spent contacting the BBB or what have you. Show your displeasure with your pocketbook and never give him any more money or thought. I doubt you'll ever hear a peep from a lawyer about this incident.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I will go with the ratemd and Tone-NY suggestions. :thumbs:

in Kalifornia you can only represent yourself in small claims court and cannot have an attorney or other representative stand in for you. Not sure of that is the case in Ma. but if it is i hardly think the doc is going to lose his billable time to chase a missed appointment in small claims court.

My GP is notorious for making me (and I guess every one else other than his very first patient of the day) wait well after the appointed time.
I've taken to not paying as soon as I walk in and telling them "I'm not going to pay now because if I have to wait too long after my appointment time...I'm leaving."
So now they get me into the examination room quickly where I then wait for a half an hour in my underwear.
My guy is very apologetic. Your guy just sounds insane. :p
Funny thing is, I had to see him last week without an appointment and was seen within minutes of walking in. :whistling:

WTF?!?!? That is crap. Doctors think the are gods sometimes. I can see waiting for 15 minutes but over an hour that is crazy.

You gotta love those Dr's. Maybe he is trying to be like Dr. House, but doesn't realize that he isn't that good.

I say we take off and nuke his site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Trey

Tell you what else you can do, if you were using your insurance and he was a 'network' doctor, call your insurance and ask to speak with Provider Relations department. Not Customer/Member Service, but speak with Provider Relations and tell them what you experienced. This may get his attention as well.