• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My drink of choice while smoking...

HintOfToast

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite things to drink while enjoying a fine cigar: Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum. A little spicy and sweet, perfect on the rocks, and a bit higher percentage than other Rums. Anyone else tried it?

You need serious help. You've come to the right place. Sailor jerry is in real life a "lubber who gets sea sick in rain storms in Kansas.

Doc.

Sailor Jerry's is the fastest growing Rum in the US at the moment.

I was in Massachusetts a couple weeks ago, and my friend and I stopped in a liquor store / B&M. They had a rep there with samples. Not bad stuff. I'd prefer it in the winter with something hot to keep warm.

From what the rep was telling us, they're targeting Capt Morgan drinkers, and IMO, Jerry's is better.

I was in Massachusetts a couple weeks ago, and my friend and I stopped in a liquor store / B&M. They had a rep there with samples. Not bad stuff. I'd prefer it in the winter with something hot to keep warm.

From what the rep was telling us, they're targeting Capt Morgan drinkers, and IMO, Jerry's is better.

Yup

I've put quite a few bottles of sailor jerry's down since it came out. I first bought it as more of an art piece to sit on a shelf, didn't think the stuff would be any good or that tattoo popularity would be taking off like it has been.

Needless to say I craked it open, it's great, but it's not better than captain's, it's different and can hold it's own against the mega rum producers.

I'd say with a cigar I prefer Oronoco neat or on the rocks, depending on the weather.

btw, welcome, I knew someone here loved pussy as much as I do.

Sailor Jerry's is made and distributed by Wm. Grant & Sons who also make Glenfiddich and Balvenie amongst other things. Not exactly a small operation

.......can hold it's own against the mega rum producers.

HintofToast, you need to go out a try some other dark rums. :thumbs: If you can find some Barbancourt, Flor de Cana, or Matusalem, you won't be disappoint. For a nice chance of pace, super-dark navy rums are very good, like Gosling or Cruzan Black Flag.

With a smoke, I also enjoy bourbon, Scotch, and Spanish brandy. Cognac is good, but I hate how pricey it is in comparison to other liquors, and the cognac industry has some shady practices regarding their claims of how long they age in the barrel.

You can't go wrong with a brown liquor. :thumbs:

Coffee, Tonic water with Roses Lime juice and a wedge of lime, Soda water a good ginger beer, ice cold 7-up

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite things to drink while enjoying a fine cigar: Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum. A little spicy and sweet, perfect on the rocks, and a bit higher percentage than other Rums. Anyone else tried it?

Try and find some Ron Zacappa 23 year old rum, simply awesome!

C&R

Try and find some Ron Zacappa 23 year old rum, simply awesome!

C&R

That it is. I love 23yr zacappa. Very silky, drink it neat. El dorado 15yr and angostura 1824 are also must haves.

Rum and good beer along with some occasional bourbon is what im all about. As for Jerry i tried this stuff (when i was still a sailor actually) and ill tell you what its hard to walk right after 6 monthes at sea but with that added i need a hovaround..... :laugh:

Maddog 20/20 Kiwi. But seriously, any beer makes a good pairing if you're smart about it. I have yet to find a bourbon (my drink of choice) that doesn't overpower a cigar. I guess I just want to taste the best of both and they don't work together, IMHO (please, give me suggestions to prove I'm wrong). Gin and Tonics are pretty good if you don't use cheap gin. I like the sweetness, the cut of the quinine, and short finish with a med/full bodied cigar in the middle of the day in the garden during heat of the summer.