• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father cigar factory.

Ol' Times Cigars

I had the opportunity to take a trip to the My Father factory in Esteli, last week. It was amazing! I recommend making the trip if you ever get the opportunity. It will really make you appreciate the cigars you smoke. The amount of work that goes into making them is just unbelievable. Here are a few photos I figured I would share. They do almost everything by hand and on site. Even got a chance to try some pre-release cigars and spotted some that will be coming out soon.

Thats amazing! What a great experience. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Awesome. I've heard great things about these tours. One day next year I will do the Cigar Safari experience... but in the mean time I need to smoke more Tats and DPG!

Very good choice of photos. Would have enjoyed doing that trip.

Were you able to bring back many sticks? I am a fan of My Father cigars. That would be a great trip.

How were the Tattoo sticks?  I'm interested in trying those and the new La Antiquedad.

mu mike said:
How were the Tattoo sticks?  I'm interested in trying those and the new La Antiquedad.

Unfortunately we didn't get to try any of the Tats. They do a good job about staying focused on their own product. They did give us the new La Antiguedad which I have siting in the humidor. I'll probably fire it up this week. My dad (we are a family run shop) fired his up that day and was very impressed by the cigar and thoroughly enjoyed it.
broblues said:
Were you able to bring back many sticks? I am a fan of My Father cigars. That would be a great trip.

I brought a couple back, but that was only by accident. As soon as you land they hand out some sticks for the ride and don't stop until you board the plane to leave. It would just be rude to say no so I'd take one to have later. I usually forgot about them being in my pocket or leave it at the hotel so I ended up with a couple extras for the trip back. Plus the two pre-release, the My Father Connecticut and the Antiguedad

Thanks for the post and pictures! Visiting a cigar factory is definitely on my bucket list, hopefully it happens soon.

This looks like a very cool experience, I must definitely do this at some point!

thanks for sharing those pics are beautiful, i would love to do that trip

If you don't mind sharing, how did you arrange the trip out there?  Was it a part of some tour?

User Name said:
If you don't mind sharing, how did you arrange the trip out there?  Was it a part of some tour?

We were invited by our rep along with a few other retailers. A few of the companies also do tours/trips for consumers which are usually setup through retailers. I believe Perdomo does a tour for $375 plus airfare for consumers, which includes just about everything. Drew Estates cigar safari works the same way, but I believe it is a bit more pricey. I have heard great things about their place though. After making the trip we are setting up one for customers next year.