• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father Cigars

Rconectn

King of Scotland
After a long hiatus from cigars and a long talk with the wife about how much I enjoyed cigars, long story short, I'm getting back into cigars. So, after work this morning the wife and I passed by the corporate office of My Father Cigars and purchased some of my old favorites and a few new releases. I have to tell you, everyone at My Father Cigars treated my wife and I like family. We got a tour of the facility and even bumped into Janny Garcia. What a great way to get back into the hobby. Before my hiatus I had been a avid collector and smoker for over 10+ years. I sold my entire collection and now I'm starting from scratch, but I'm doing things different this time around. I'm not going to get into the collecting aspect of our hobby just the smoking part. It Feels good to be back!

Welcome back to it! Sounds like a great way to dive back in.

Good to have you back, there's been some very good releases this year. Coincidently, I am smoking a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva (another My Father cigar) as I read your post, nice stick for my first foray into this newly released blend.

What kind of cigars did you collect? Did you collect to sell or just to have- (I know you eventually sold the stash)?

What kind of cigars did you collect? Did you collect to sell or just to have- (I know you eventually sold the stash)?

I collected for personal pleasure not for selling. I ended selling my collection b/c of pressure from family and the wife when my father died from lung cancer.

I mostly collected the hard to find Fuentes, discontinued cigars, e.g. Oliva Special S, and LE/Regional Cuban Cigars. I used to own an Avallo Humidor, now all I really need is my XL Savoy humidor and I'm happy.

Welcome back to CP. Enjoy your time here and enjoy each cigar you smoke.

I can't afford to collect cigars. Mine are sacrificed on a daily basis to the Gods.

I know what you mean about clearing out your stash after a family member passes from lung cancer.

My mother was taken by lung cancer about a year and a half ago and I had to do some real soul searching about continueing the hobby or not.

The cigars won.

Enjoy!

Welcome back. Have fun the industry is very dynamic right now.

Welcome back. Have fun the industry is very dynamic right now.

I've noticed, especially now that I've been hitting the forums. At the same time, it feels like nothing has changed in the two years I've been away. Always a new cigar to try that the industry is pushing. I've made a promise to myself this second time around...not get involved in the hype and just smoke what I've always liked. I sound like an old man, lol!

Welcome back. Nice way to get back into it. Drive north a little and let's get a herf going.