• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father

I too have become a huge lancero fan myself. This is one I really want to try. Especially with all these great reviews.

I just got a 5'er of the Robusto's in the mail and now I can not wait to get home this evening to put a flame to one of these.

They are beautifully crafted cigars with an amazing aroma.

I've warned you newbs about lanceros. They're for swarthy. thin Mustachioed, panama hat wearing, unctuous pimps. Think of your wives and children and your standing in the community. I'm a sailor, so it's not a problem for me.

Doc.

I've warned you newbs about lanceros. They're for swarthy. thin Mustachioed, panama hat wearing, unctuous pimps. Think of your wives and children and your standing in the community. I'm a sailor, so it's not a problem for me.

Doc.

I willing to take that risk. They can take care of themselves. :D

I bought a box at a Pepin event last week and got around to smoking one last night. I don't know about the other sizes but the lancero is really good. Very well balanced with some great flavors, my favorite Pepin yet.

I smoked the robusto last night and I don't know if I got a funky one but it tasted exactly like one of his Blue Label cigars. The wrapper even smelled the same. It started out exactly like the blue label with a peppery spice that developed into a smooth creamy smoke and ended up into the fuller side of medium. Has no one else noticed a similarity?

I'll have to try the lancero to compare it to the robusto.

WOW! I was at a Pepin event yesterday and smoked one of these with Pepin. GREAT cigar. A "must try" for anyone.

I knew these would be good, but WoW! I bought a box of robustos blind. Smoked one last week and was blown away. I did notice a slight change at the 2/3rd mark, not bad, just maybe a bit more amonia not purged by ageing. Wrapper is very supple and smooth. Prelight aroma is earthy barnyard and sweet hay with a hint of amber that I've only detected in vintage smokes. Light was very easy and burn even, I did have an issue with it going out, but I think that had more to do with the windy patio. Fair amount of smoke and a heavenly roasted malt aroma. Reminded me of vintage 70's HdM and R&Js, and Flor de Farrach (sp?) that some of my customers used to bestow upon me during my 1990 vegas incarnation. Big on the creamy leather notes and an oh so sophiticated finish, very clean but certainly not light. notes of citrus, mint, and sandalwood appeared, hoping that the next smoke shows more of this. paired with copious amounts of Caol Ila with 3 rocks.

gallery_5052_191_56606.jpg

gallery_5052_191_9062.jpg

gallery_5052_191_66168.jpg

Very high end, classic presentation. MF might be an appropriate nom de fume for this stick and is a subtle hint to the tastes that await. Enjoy! A must try IMNSHO. :)

Edited to add pics.

I will try a second "My Father" because I was not impressed by this cigar. Blah, blah, and blah. After my second MF, I will make a decision. I hated my first La Riqueza, but now it is one of my favorites. Perhaps my first MF was a turd.

Just wanted to pass this along... I was browsing over on CI and they have the My Father #2 Belicosos in the "make me an offer" section. The minimum starting quantity is 10 but heck you could throw them a low price and score some for a great price.

Not sure if this link will work but here it is, scroll down to the bottom:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/make-me...sp?action2=mmao

Also holts.com has all sizes available in fivers.

EDIT: Eh that make an offer section is confusing... I think that might be for a whole box :( I wish I was more smarter :)

It's a box.

Don Pepin Garcia My Father
No. 2 (belicoso) (5.2" x 54) - Box of 23
(MSRP: $260.00)

The quantity is how many boxes they have available.

Back