• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first all grain beer

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
This is a continuation of a discussion that started in the Lobby. But it was getting seriously off-topic so I though it best if I spawned a new thread for it. Anyway, we left off with me worried that my first all-grain batch was ruined by an infected yeast starter and LuckyDawg impressed by the hop schedule.

---------------------------

LD, it's pretty hoppy but that's appropriate for the style. It has a lot of differnt hops in it but the total IBUs is around 40 so it's not crazy hoppy. Here's the hop schedule:
4 HBUs Cascade - 90 min.
2 HBUs Mt. Hood - 90 min.
0.5 oz. Tettnanger - 15 min.
0.5 oz. Fuggles - 10 min.
0.5 oz. Fuggles - 1 min.
0.5 oz. Cascade - dry

Ever heard of a beer made by Hair of the Dog Brewing Co. called Fred? It has 10 different kinds of hops in it in 4 additions.

Anyway, I think my beer's ok. I took sniff this morning and couldn't detect any bad aromas so maybe it'll be alright.

I agree with you about Keystone. But Americans don't like flavor in anything. Everything's light. What's the point of Bud Light? I love the Amstel Light commercial, though, where the bartender's washing the glasses in the "other" light beer.

yeah, 40 isn't all that bitter. i think alimony ale is lik 84!
totally wipes out your palate for anything else. my ideal
pale ale is sierra nevada pale ale. i brewed one that my
buddy said was a dead ringer for it(i thought so to, but
i'm biased :p ). i dry hopped it with 1.5 oz. cascade, seemed
to give it just the perfect kick. i don't have my brewing equip.
anymore. when i moved out my ex disposed of alot of my stuff. :angry:
oh well, i'm not supposed to drink with the meds i take anyhow.

l8er

todd