• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Box!

Turk10mm

Just smokin
Yes, there's a post from 2002 about this and you can read it here: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=first+box But I wouldn't want to bring up long dead posts, as I've been advised that's not good either.. So I wanted my own glory knowing that there are other posts about it..

I guess your first box is a bit of a moment in some ways.

Tenpin at BlueHavanaII set me with my current favorite smoke. I must say that he set me up with a very nice deal, and shipped it right away.. Thanks Jim!! (SMOKIN DEAL TOO)

I have fallen in love with the Oliva Special S. I'm no expert, but this is something special, hence the name. The tobacco is aged in cedar crates and its PLAINLY obvious while smoking it. The first 1/3 shows some spicyness that quickly gives way to a creamy cedary and sweet flavor that gets better and better all the way down to the cap. I find myself burning my fingers on this one, while I've left an inch or more of other famous smokes such as opus x, padron 1926, 1964, hemingway, olde world reserve, etc..

Cigar afficianado must have gotten a bad batch, because I've smoke 5 of these beauties and each one burned evenly all the way down. I can't say that for others that I've tried. CA rated the toro an 88 and I think they are retarded, personally. This smoke ranks up there with the best of super premiums in my opinion. But again, its all my opinion.. I've smoked the toro, the torpedo, and teh diadema. The diadema was a full hour and 20 minutes of lush sweet creamy goodness.. The toro and torpedo burned for almost an hour. The only difference that I was able to notice between the three sizes is the diadema is a bit more spicy for a bit longer from the light. But 5 minutes in and its pure bliss.

It looks like I got this box right off his wall. I bought 18 of his toros, and 6 of his diademas.. The torpedos you see in the box where some I had previously.
OlivaSpecialS.jpg

I highly suggest picking up one of these and pairing it with a glass of bookers or knob creek bourbon. Something with a little sweet to it to compliment the sweetness in the smoke.

Congrats on your first box bro.
I was stoked when I bought my first box too

Fuente Cuban Coronas, Still have the empty box sitting on a shelf in the garage

Funny. A week ago, i got my friend his first box of cigars and it was Olivas like yours. He was excited and took pictures with his box and was stoked all night.

I haven't found one single smoke that i'm dead set on buying a box of quite yet.....If i had to choose right now i would have to say the AVO Domaine is my hands down fave right now....

Congrats on taking the head first plunge....

Congrats Bro, I was stoked to get my first box in the mail. Mine was La Aurora Ltd. Ed Robusto!!

There goes your virginity and your credit card! Enjoy :thumbs:

My first box was Fuente Hemingway Short Story.

I had concerns this was going to be a very different type of thread...... :laugh:

Congrats on your first box purchase.....downhill from now, I'm afraid..... :whistling:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Thanks for sharing!

Definitely a good rush from buying your first box.

Enjoy!!!

Nothing like your first box,her name was Gayle.1st box of cigars was PLPC cab.

Congrat bro!!!
My first box purchase was, 1 box of Padron 2000 maddie, and 1 box of Padron 2000 nattie!!! I remember it well!!!

:thumbs:

Congratulations. I'm probably one of the few who bought a box before a single. I've always been the decisive type

Doc.

Nice! Now tell yourself it's JUST ONE box. No harm in it. You can stop whenever you want... really! LOL

My first was an AF SG Double Chat. Boy, if I had any left from that box, would they be smoooooooth today!

I am looking forward to my first box purchase. It will, of course, have to wait until I get home, and my wife is asleep, and I will have to hide the CC bill from her, and make sure all my "Honey Do's" are caught up, well you get the picture

Unless, I order it from here, and then she still has several months to get over it before I come home.........I can feel the beginnings of a plan, an evil plan, a cigar plan, an evil cigar plan.......yeeeesssssss

Tim

congradulations! I was stoked when I first got mine, it was Cabaiguan Corona Extra's. Still have the boc on my book shelf. It was an exciting moment to say the least. Enjoy it!

My fist box. Well, back when I was 16....oh wait. :whistling:

My first box was a box of Siglo IVs that I split with another fellow BOTL.