• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first humi

investandprosper

I have my first humi up and running! It's a 100 count (although I can't see fitting 100 cigars in this thing). Cigarpass has been such a blessing in getting me off on the right foot. Six years ago, when I first bought a box of cigars (this was my first purchase since then), I didn't even keep them in a humidor. I just kept them in the box until they were gone! Shows how much I knew. Heartfelt beads are simply fantastic, and the Hygroset II is a champ.

I also have a newbie sampler coming from Jim, can't wait! It's like Christmas.

closed.jpg

top.jpg

bottom.jpg

Looks really good brother, you will defiantly enjoy!!! :thumbs:

It kind of just "happened". The Cohiba Siglo IVs and PSD4s will sit for a good long while before I try one. I want to make sure that they are at their top potential. To those who know, how long should I wait before trying one? :love:

Smoke 1 per month, alternating. Take notes on the cigars. That will take you through 4 years. Then, you can see for yourself when the perfect time is.

Smoke 1 per month, alternating. Take notes on the cigars. That will take you through 4 years. Then, you can see for yourself when the perfect time is.

Indeed, wise advice :thumbs: I will do just that. How long should I wait before smoking my first? 3-6 months?

Indeed, wise advice :thumbs: I will do just that. How long should I wait before smoking my first? 3-6 months?

Edit: I guess the box codes would help =) Cohiba is LUS MAY 09, and the Partagas is OTS AGO 09.

Your box ain't big enough to wait four years. Smoke one after they rest a couple of weeks IMHO. If they smoke well then fire away. Unless you want to buy another humi right now, smoke them. If they are good, then great, if not you may have to get a coolidor going so you can fill your humi with sticks for smoking. Just my $.02

PJ

Edit: I guess the box codes would help =) Cohiba is LUS MAY 09, and the Partagas is OTS AGO 09.

Your box ain't big enough to wait four years. Smoke one after they rest a couple of weeks IMHO. If they smoke well then fire away. Unless you want to buy another humi right now, smoke them. If they are good, then great, if not you may have to get a coolidor going so you can fill your humi with sticks for smoking. Just my $.02

PJ

I was thinking that same thing, Jim's a great BOTL and knowing that you'll have to smoke 4 cigars that day to make sure they all fit. Aging is a blessing, but sir you don't have the size for it! :laugh: I've noticed that I can't age much of anything because I only have a desktop Tupperdor, Par 3's got 3 Vino's and he'll up-size again before he's able to age anything of quantity.

My wife "tolerates" my cigars, but I don't think I'll have a happy marriage if I smoke more than one every week or so. I'll have to ease into it. Maybe they'll have time to age after all :laugh:

Hey, whats that over there??! *Grabs the Cohibas and runs* :laugh:

Looks great, enjoy!

Indeed, wise advice
thumbs-up.gif
I will do just that. How long should I wait before smoking my first? 3-6 months?

PJ

This man knows what he's talking about IAP, he has a serious problem hobby!
laugh.gif

BTW, I have an empty 120 qt. cooler empty if you want to trade for some of those IV's
whistling.gif

I also think I&P, that you should have diversified your stock a little. Smoking those two boxes,while I think they are great and you may as well, you will want to try a bunch of different sticks to expand your knowledge and tastes. Especially if the Mrs. has you on a restrictive cigar diet :D . You wont have a new stick to try for years ???
Trade some of them with some other members and get a little mixed box going. You will have a chance on this board down the road to try some aged sticks, but you won't know what you do and don't like until you smoke some!

IMHO of course as a fellow noob!

PJ

So much good advice, thanks guys. I agree PJ, that two 25 ct. boxes may have been a bit much, but the prices between a 10 and a 25 were too close to take the 10. I'm sure I can trade a few out for other cigars to try, good old bartering :laugh:

I bought my wife the vanity she's had her eye on for a long time, and also bought her an iPad, so I think she's quite content for a bit ;) I have to watch the bank though, these things can get expensive quick.

I really like the looks of that desktop, will definitely make a very nice go to smoke holder later on after the obsession really takes hold. :D I would highly advise taking David up on his offer for the 120 qt cooler. You're going to need it. :whistling:

Don't wait to smoke 'em. Too many cigars, too little time.

Congrats on your first humidor...it is definitely a nice looking piece. I am in agreement with others though...you will outgrow that humidor pretty quickly...even if you only smoke one cigar a week. As far as it being 100 ct. The manufacturer is referring to 100 corona sized cigars, so storing anything larger will seriously cut down on the number of cigars that you can store. Good luck, and enjoy.