• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first humidor

Jaster

Resident Who-Dat
Well, here she is. $20 job from cheaphumidors, with my first batch of cigars, recommended to me by some people in a car forum I'm on.

That's a little jar of 70% beads I got from a local shop. I just ordered a Caliber III tonight from Dave @ Southside who was very helpful.

cigars1.jpg

I've done a lot of reading up, but just got everything in this week. Not really sure what I like yet, but half the fun is in finding out, right? :)

Jaster,
You're off to a great start. If I might make a suggestion, smoke those and join in on the newbie sampler thread. By then you'll have begun to narrow the field.

Congrats man! I remember my first. *tear*
Now i've got a full 300 count and an almost full cooler!

Is it seasoned? Don't put sticks in there til you season that sucker.

And yeah, get in on those samplers. They're a great way to find out what your tastes are like. Also check out any samplers at holts or other websites where you can try out a certain brand that appeals to you.

Congrats again, enjoy it!

I saw online that I should season it by rubbing distilled water into the wood, but the instructions that came with it said explicitly not to do that. Instead, it said put a shot glass of water inside for a few days, so I did. Hope that works...

I think you will probably like the 5 Vegas Gold and that Ghurka, but save that Indian Tabac for when you decide you like a stronger smoke. Maybe give it to a friend of a friend that you don't like very much. :whistling:

I saw online that I should season it by rubbing distilled water into the wood, but the instructions that came with it said explicitly not to do that. Instead, it said put a shot glass of water inside for a few days, so I did. Hope that works...

Plenty of info on the set up of a humidor in the humidor forum here. The shot glass will work so no need to rub any of the wood. Also a damp sponge in an open zip lock bag will also help move the process along. Good luck. Yes go over to the newbie sampler thread.

Congratulations! I hope you get years of enjoyment out of your new hobby.

:)

Welcome to addiction....

Search is your friend on here, LOTS of good intel on humis.