• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Humidor

So, I'm starting to have a few concerns, hopefully someone can address them.

1) I installed the Heartfelt Beads (65%), on the bottom of my humidor, I'm only getting 62%, is this an issue, should it be a concern?

2) My room temperature varies between 68 degrees and 80 degrees depending on who is home and the time of the day, this disparity is causing me to second guess the standard humidor purchase. Should I be concerned about this? Is it a big deal if it tops off at the high end of the 70's at random times of the day?

Please, don't judge the fact that I (wrongly) bought a standard humidor instead of a Wino-dor on the size issue, the temperature is my main concern right now.

Thank you gentlemen,
Daniel.
1) I wouldn't worry over a few %. That said, though, I would disperse the beads throughout your humi. I recommend putting the beads in pantyhose 'bags' in all three levels (cheap and effective). Also, depending on where your hygrometer(s) is/are makes a difference on the reading (always seems lower at the top).

2) Summertime comes and I throw all my humis in a closet (over 70 and I sweat the beetle breakout). The bedroom temp ranges from 68-75 throughout the day, but the closet temp never changes from 69. Thanks to my inefficient A/C, the thermostat is set to 75 in the living room which keeps the humi-room much cooler. Any warmer than 75 and I'm sweatin my balls off anyway.

Derek

The temperature issue is basically due to the AC being off for the most part during the day since nobody's home. I wish that 49.99 vinotemp deal was still around, every time I see my thermostat at 75, I start getting beetle anxiety. I'm going to try the closet, doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'm going to reset the max on my hygrometer and see where it goes. Thanks for the advice.