• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first Humidor

UglyBrumski

Reaction score
44465_456547483853_670508853_6579017_7172068_n.jpg

Just thought I would share my first humidor with everyone. I picked it up a few weeks ago. Its a little 60 count that I picked up off of Ebay. I was a bit worried about the quality at first but its done pretty good for me so far. The readings that I got on the analog on the front seemed kinda sketch so I picked up a little digital that chills on the cigars. Its never dipped below 60% RH so I think I set everything up ok, and the humi is doing what its supposed to.

The picture was taken after my first order off of cigarbid. I got a couple cheap fivers, Earnest Miranda 1989, Cuban Legacy's, CAO Maduro Gold, and the Dominican maduro sampler shown.

I only smoke on the weekends so its taken a few weeks to figure out which ones I like and which ones I don't really care for. This might sound silly but I feel dumb holding anything bigger than a robusto.

So far my favorites are the Partagas Black Label, Macanudo Hyde Park, CAO Maduro Gold, and as of this evening the Oliva Serie V. Maybe some of you experienced smokers with similar tastes can point me in the direction of some good smokes.

I'm glad I found this site. This "cigar thing" (as my wife calls it) is pretty addicting. I look forward to hearing some input.

What he said, heh.

A very nice start... this time next year you'll be stacking some boxes in your coolerdor ;)

It looks like you've taken a liking to maduro smokes. Especially the Serie V... that's one of my favorites.

I think you'd love Tatuaje... brown or red labels. Don Pepin black or blue labels...

On the cheaper side you are truly missing out by not stocking that nice new humi with some Padron Maduro... try the 2000's and you will not be dissapointed.

I usually like Robustos best for flavor but have been smoking more and more toros lately... mainly just for a longer smoke time ;)

Your start is a helluva lot better than mine was! Enjoy those CAO Gold maduros and start putting money away for a coolidor or wineador......seriously because in a few months you will be out of room! :laugh:

I've smoked most of those labels when I first started too, looks like you're doing just fine with the info you've found on how to set up the humi. You may want to consider using beads to replace that square humidifier, but in time you will figure out what you like to use.

Keep those labels and look back in a year from now and see if you notice a change in your buying and smoking choices ;)

<edit for spelling>

I also love the Partagas Black Label!!! Good start you have there...

Try the Ashton Maduro if you like the Partagas great smoke!

It looks like you've taken a liking to maduro smokes. Especially the Serie V... that's one of my favorites.

I think you'd love Tatuaje... brown or red labels. Don Pepin black or blue labels...

On the cheaper side you are truly missing out by not stocking that nice new humi with some Padron Maduro... try the 2000's and you will not be dissapointed.

I usually like Robustos best for flavor but have been smoking more and more toros lately... mainly just for a longer smoke time ;)

Definetly putting the Tatuaje's and Pepins on the list to try. I actually had a Padron Maduro over the weekend. I really enjoyed it, I like how the taste and flavors become noticeably different as you smoke more of the cigar.

On another note I should be recieving three fivers that I won over the weekend pretty soon. I'm noticing that my thoughts on certain cigars change as I smoke more of them. The Serie V is the bomb, hands down my current favorite. The problem is that people can't seem to keep them in stock.

Keep those labels and look back in a year from now and see if you notice a change in your buying and smoking choices ;)

I keep a little silver box on my desk that my labels go into. When it gets full, I press them flat between the pages of old books . . . eventually, I'll probably get around to doing something artsy with them to dress up my little "mancave."
But I've definitely noticed a change in which labels predominate, lol . . . I probably have an entire book of just San Cristobals now, with some GOF and Opus thrown in.

~Boar

Yeah there is a little ziplock I got from a local cigar retailer that I've been putting the labels of all the good smokes I've had. I'd like to have something to remember what to come back to when I'm ready to buy my next batch. I have been tossing the bands of the ones I don't like though. I think for my next go around of smokes I'm going to try the newbie trade and see what I come up with.