• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Torano Silver Exodus 1959...

N8NOE

OK, I have Smoked Torano's before, but this was my First Silver Exodus
1959.. Size: Robusto.. David, I thought you were CRAZY telling me of
the "Citrus" kind of Taste, You were Right! This is real hard to
explain, but the smoke was very tasty (8+ of 10) and had this Citrusy
taste thing to it. I liked the draw as it wasn't too easy, but plenty
of Smoke. Firm rolling and feel, A bit of spice. Over all (for me) a 9
of 10 a VERY nice smoke!.. And this is a good thing because I just got
them in today, but have 2 boxes coming in this week from bidding (The
DEVIL) site.. I like the cameroon's and figure these would be good,
but this is a real change of taste! David, I'm blaming YOU for this!
Jeff-N8NOE

If you haven't had one yet, pick one of the Size you like and try one,
Worth a try in my book!

I have to second this opinion. One of my favorites. Had my first last New Years Day. Real nice way to welcome the year!

Sounds like I should try another. I've only had one, and it didn't have much flavor at all, except for some slight sour notes.

Thanks for the review.

A favorite of mine as well. I do find that they are much better after a little time in the humidor. All of the examples I've tried have had at least a couple of months on them and one had over a year and they were all better than the few I've smoked right from the vendor.

These are also MUCH better at around 65% than at higher humidities in my opinion.

(Wow, I actually sound like I half way know what I'm talking about with this one. This is the first post I really feel like I'm contributing to the cigar side of this forum :) )

the ones i've had were inconsistent. the good ones were very well constructed with a flawless burn. the spice was not overpowering and there was some smoothness that emerged once it got going.

the ones that were not up to part burned erratically and the spiceness just flowed into harshness

due to the inconsistency of these and the consistency of the other toranos i've had, i've elected to not spend $$$ on any more silvers

but perhaps i'm in the minority with my experience

The best thing about cigars is that everyone has a different impression.

Unlike the previous post I really like these and have found no inconsistencies at all. And . . . unlike the original post I have not noted any "citrus" flavors either.

I have found these to be very well constructed mild to medium smokes with slight spice, a little nuttyness and thick rich smoke.

I always suggest these to people who like mild yet flavorful smokes.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

EDIT

While I know that proper or improper storage will affec thte flavor and smoking characteristics of a cigar but I wonder if different parts of the country, weather and elevation also would affect the flavor experience. ???

(Wow, I actually sound like I half way know what I'm talking about with this one. This is the first post I really feel like I'm contributing to the cigar side of this forum :) )
[snapback]270469[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yep, You are a SOLID contributor now!... Better mind the rules and watch what you say as the "Pleasure Police" are looking for (Your Kind).. I feel like at times I don't have a lot to add that someone didn't allready say!.. SCREW-IT.. I will be keeping some in th eHumi and try one time-to-time, but I was told to let them sit for a bit after I got them in. The persone I was told this is a big fan, but didn't have one with him in Michigan when we Had the HERF.. THANKS "Mr."Bast..
(Please NOTE: Heavy on the MR.)....

The 59 golds were my first box purchase, (back in the day).
Every one was inconsistent, even though I tried several different humidity levels. Still remains as one of my favs, construction is near perfect.
I got them for 78$shipping included, man they have went up.

N8NOE said:
[snapback]270469[/snapback]​

I feel like at times I don't have a lot to add that someone didn't allready say!.. THANKS "Mr."Bast..
(Please NOTE: Heavy on the MR.)....
[snapback]270711[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It is hard to think of something useful that has not already been said at times. But that's what makes this place so cool, there are SO MANY good folks here that know what they're talking about. Sometimes I guess you just have to jump right in.

Oh, really, no need for the "Mr." :blush:

I believe that I will be in minority here... I just did not like this cigar.
I am not talking about draw and construction... It is good as almost everything done by Torano... But a flavour is not for me at all. I had to say that I smoke whole thing(it was robusto as well) trying to find something I like and no success. So, these are "no go" for me...
Saying this I'd like to say that 1959 Gold and Signature are my favourite smokes.