• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Trip to a Hooka Bar

riverratt

Biglew
Tonight I am going to a Hooka bar with a friend form work. He has been asing me to go so I decided to give it a try. The only real draw back is they do not have belly dancers!!! :laugh: I will fill you all in on the experience.

I have been to a couple and they aren't bad. I am not a fan of most of the flavors that they offer, but there are a few that seem to be pretty good. Overall most of the places are a fun atmosphere so you should have fun. Let us know what you think.

I have seen them for sale on Ebay, been curious as to how they work and smoke.

Hookah is huge in Denton where I work. I've been curious to give it a try. Let us know what you think.

D

The ones in my 'hood don't allow cigar smoking... :(

I don't like hookah at all because of the inhalation. It makes my lungs and most of my esophagus feel really dirty. The flavors also smell like candy which is a turn off when my friends smoke it and I smoke a cigar.

Couple of my middle eastern buddies at work would go Hooka all the time. Then someone in the group stumbled upon an article that was an obvious fear campaign. The article was an account of a guy who smoked alot of hooka and as my friends put it "Got ball cancer". Smoking a bowl of hooka it seems is just as bad or worse than smoking alot of cigarettes. They were pretty shocked by this as they felt the water purified the smoke. :rolleyes:

They haven't touched the stuff in a year and yes I think they are naive impressionable people :)

Not quite sure why, but I've never had much of an urge to try it.

Just an interesting little tidbit...what a lot of people call a "hookah" is known by many other names.
It is called "shisha" in Egypt and "ghalyoun" in Iran. I know it best as "Narghile" (pronounced "nah geela" or "ah geela" as sometimes the "n" is dropped) and is the name most commonly used in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Jordan. I smoked a lot with my Jordanian counterparts during many great feasts. My favorite flavor of tobacco is honeyed apple.

Note: The mouthpieces are called 'Amjid' and in the states most places use an individual plastic mouthpiece that fits over the one attached to the pipe. Kind of a "mouth condom" if you will.

C&G... going native.