• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My history with girlfriends, cigars,

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Not sure why, but I just wanted to share this little story....

I was with my old girlfriend for 5 years (from when she was 15 and I 16). Her dad and I never really got along - even after I took him to a WWF event :angry: :sign:. He was VERY overprotective and I think the whole sleeping with his firstborn was always unsettling for him :p Anyway, my relationship with her had the ground rules that neither of us would drink, smoke, etc. (there’s a whole back story to this I won’t go into).

After I'd been at college a couple years I realized I could legally buy tobacco products and started reading about cigars. I will still never drink, but the idea of smoking real cigars starting intriguing me. At one point before I met her, I smoked a lot of cigarettes and on a few occasions I had the typical Phillies. So, even with that crappy machine-made cigar experience, I knew there was something alluring. After MUCH pleading on my part I was finally “allowed” 2 cigars - not per week, not month, but YEAR :0 As fate would have it, by the time I’d convinced myself I could have my first of that year’s two, we split up. (not because of cigars :p) I quickly replaced the one I’d smoked :D

Soon afterward, I met my current girlfriend of going on two years :). Since I am not a partier or drinker, I was a little hesitant to go to a party she was throwing (about a week after I’d met her), but the topic of cigars came up at some point. Something along the lines of she either liked or would like to try cigars was a result of the conversation. Well, now I at least had something I could be interested in during the party – and imagine the convenience of have two newly-bought cigars when she wanted one.

Well, things have been going extremely well and to my utter satisfaction, her dad loves me. :thumbs: Never underestimate the power of this on a relationship :) We’ve done some light male bonding in the past and even had some lengthy, off-topic eMails when I was planning her surprise birthday party this year, but nothing extraordinary except when he helped me bring home my new 57” HDTV a few months ago (that’ll get almost any dad to at least compliment you with an approving grunt LOL). I paid him for his help with a couple cigars. I didn’t really think much of it. He didn’t even get a chance to smoke them :(

In the Email exchanges he and I actually discussed cigars. I promised him that I’d try to get down there at some point and have one with him. Well, that was months ago and like with SD_Stack and me, it just never seems to work out ???

Tonight was different :D I took a sampler down to the Easter celebration. We determined that we’d have one after dinner. We finished our 10000th game of team pool at about 10:45 and the guests (including my girlfriend) went home and little brother and sister and her step-mom went to bed. So, I had him choose a stick from the sampler – he took a Mac ‘97 and I took a Monte #2 ISOM (my first #2 smoked – courtesy a trade with servebig :thumbs:). We headed outside, torched ‘em, and ended up sitting outside on the porch alone, talking for 2.5 hours. I had to relight mine about 7 times ‘cause we were so engrossed in conversation, but I couldn’t be happier with the night.

So maybe a cigar can be a barometer of a good relationship :p What was a sore spot in a failed relationship is a bonding vehicle in a successful one :)

On a side note, my girlfriend bought a few cigars of her OWN from the local shop a few weeks ago. This was the same night SHE took ME to Hooters for dinner. Yup, I’m one lucky ass guy :) :) :) :)

Cheers,
Dixie

And the moral of this story is:
Never underestimate the healing power of a cigar.
It definitely is a good feeling when you know your getting in good with your gf father. :D

Pictures! We want Pictures!!

Sounds like you have a real sweetie and getting in good with the dad is a real plus.

Don't even tell a story like that unless she has a sister thats single. :angry:

:D :D :D

I was wondering why the Girl Friend left....without you?

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Monte said:
I was wondering why the Girl Friend left....without you?

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte
She said I was the first she's ever left "unsupervised" with her dad. So, I guess that makes me a keeper too :p

.....and you guys must have short-term memory loss. I clearly told that she has a sister! The problem is that y'all will be approaching retirement by the time she's legal :0 :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
.....and you guys must have short-term memory loss. I clearly told that she has a sister! The problem is that y'all will be approaching retirement by the time she's legal :0 :sign:
nice...

Hey BO. Nice Story.

Have I met her? I remember the lady I met at AppleBee's but then there was the blonde at that sports bar that time and I sort-of remember the very cute little chinese girl at the Pathers game. Gosh we were sooooo drunk. That was a great time.

:sign:

SD_Stack said:
Hey BO. Nice Story.

Have I met her? I remember the lady I met at AppleBee's but then there was the blonde at that sports bar that time and I sort-of remember the very cute little chinese girl at the Pathers game. Gosh we were sooooo drunk. That was a great time.

:sign:
TFF!!! :sign: ROTFLMAO

Yep, she's the one from Applemees and the other various hand-offs we've done :)

Cheers,
Dixie

Sorry... I misread the post. ROFLMAO

Gosh! It's good to be back home! :p

Wow... alone with the GF's father. Id say you got away like gangbusters sharing a smoke with em. :thumbs: