• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My humidor Build

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
Hey guys, well this weekend I finally put the finishing touches on my walk-in humidor build (sorry, after much thought I should have put this in this section). Anyways, since the last couple of weeks, the temp was doing fine due to the AC, well now the humidity would try to swing higher because all my beads could not extract the moisture in the tropical air fast enough. Not to worry though, with the knowledge of the threads here, I bought a portable room dehumidifier from Home Depot, plugged it into a heavy duty timer and BAM, it stabilized. With summer being the most humid, I don't think I'll be needing the Avallo after all since winter brings lower humidity here.

Here are some pics just to close this thread and keep those of you pondering a build in your home to "just do it!"

Before
DSC00897.jpg

After
DSC00931.jpg

Dehumidifer
DSC00927.jpg

L-trim installed over drywall (because I installed the door flush with the outside frame, DOH!)
DSC00930.jpg

The finished room!
DSC00932.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments and the ragging guys! And a BIG THANKS BRUDDAH RICKETS (another CP member) for doing the drywall and texture spray!

I envy you Dave! Congrats on finishing the product! What wonderful smoke did you have to celebrate?

A WOAM, Tat T110, and a Johnny-O lancero :laugh: Kinda like Lays Potato Chips "can't have just one"

I feel jealous and petty enough to ask how awesome that would have been if you had put in some glass so you could see all your smokes from outside the humi.

Nice job on that. I wish I knew a hammer from a screwdriver...

Very very nice Dave! Now I know where to get stogies if I'm ever out by your way!!! :laugh:

I feel jealous and petty enough to ask how awesome that would have been if you had put in some glass so you could see all your smokes from outside the humi.

Nice job on that. I wish I knew a hammer from a screwdriver...

I actually looked at those 8-pane doors at Home Depot, but got cold feet due to the cost. Also, most everyone thinks its just a bathroom due to the size of the doorway.......stealth mode!

Hey Jon, if you and the Mrs. SoulDog fly here for some R&R, I'll definitely hook you up right!

You should be proud of your work, Dave. It looks great!! :thumbs:

Well, if I would have tried to do it, I'd still be their crying after hitting my thumb with the hammer. Looks swell, be proud.

Thanks for all the support guys! Last thing is just to hang some signs and then I've gotta do some "honey-do" stuff :laugh:

Wow, the baseboards really makes it! Looks really nice man. I guess it's time to start filling it up too!

Wow, the baseboards really makes it! Looks really nice man. I guess it's time to start filling it up too!

:laugh: :laugh: The baseboards look nice 'cause I bought a new nail gun from Lowe's :sign: That sucka rocks! Now I want to nail anything just so I can bring it out and use it! thanx again, my brotha from another motha!

Great job. Should serve you well for years to come. I think it's funny when people come in my shop and see me building a cabinet and they say "HOLY SHIT! why would someone need so many cigars?" My answer is "Why wouldn't they?" :laugh: Great job bro.

Great job. Should serve you well for years to come. I think it's funny when people come in my shop and see me building a cabinet and they say "HOLY SHIT! why would someone need so many cigars?" My answer is "Why wouldn't they?" :laugh: Great job bro.

I would like to hope I stay with this great hobby till they lay me in the ground with them (then the tobacco beetles can do what the phuck they like). :laugh:

I used to think I went a little overboard when stocking up on stufff I like, but I am NOWHERE near what some of you have posted in pics in past threads. I got to see Ginseng's "wall of coolers" pics before he deleted them. That image is burned in my memory forever. After that, I just shrug my shoulders and kept doin' what I do.