• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My humidor

akakirby

Finally got it seasoned and holding good rh so here are some pics

100_0788.jpg

100_0789.jpg

100_0790.jpg

Very nice! Except....

It's too empty! Now that you've got your setup all done, you have an excuse to fill that bad boy up.

Nice setup! get ready for the downhill ride from here! but its a good one! :D

Say Lad,

That's a lot of beads. As your humi gets full, you'll find it only takes 1 down and 1 down. I've got many humi's that are full and each one has 1 bead container sized for the amount of sticks inside. It's a learning process.

- KiltLad

Looks good and like the others have said, it is all down hill. I can remember when I start this trip a little more than a year ago.....

You might want to get some baggies for the beads, having them loose like tha looks like a mess waiting to happen.

You can use old pantyhose or Viper at heartfelt industries sells baggies for the beads. I have them and they work great.

Looks very nice now start saving for the next one. You'll fill it in no time and need a bigger one. :laugh: This can be a baaad habit. :D You'll be in the B&M looking around and say to yourself "I read a review on CP about this one. I think I'll try one" (Not so) Unfortunately you'll find yourself saying that more than once. :whistling: :D

Very nice start though. :thumbs:

Sweet! +1 on what others have said about putting the beads in a mesh bag, I find they work better this way (more exposed surface area, more "breathable"), and you don't risk having to clean up a bead spill.

Looks good! You'll find that once your humidor gets fuller, the humidity will become more stable.

And like previous posters suggested, definitely find something safer to store those beads in.

thanks for all the suggestions about the beads, I will be putting them in some nylon soon or maybe put them in a coolidor (lets see how quick i can fill this one up first!! :D

It won't take long to fill it up. Get some pantyhose to put those beads in. Makes it much easier to hydrate, and less mess.

gallery_8234_842_2519.jpg

thanks for all the suggestions about the beads, I will be putting them in some nylon soon or maybe put them in a coolidor (lets see how quick i can fill this one up first!! :D
Hah, sounds like you are done for. :laugh:

Coolers are great. First I explained to the girlfriend how much money I was saving by buying a box and a cooler to put it in. Then when she asked why I needed to buy more I explained aging to her. LOL. Heaven forbid she ever looks inside it! Where'd those come from! :whistling:

Nice setup man, but you will definitely need more space after being on here for a few months. I had one glass top 50 ct, then another 150 ct., and now have two small vinotemps (9 bottle) almost full.