• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My lighter is dying. Help me for a new one.

cybrok

I have that 10$ torch lighter I bought maybe 5 years ago that is dying.

I'm looking for a new one. It will be for cigars and shisha coal only. I have no other uses for lighters anyway (I now light my camp fire old school).

Anyway, here's what I'm looking for:

-Something classy, black or silver. I don't want it to look like it came from space.
-I would like something in metal, but it doesn't have to
-Not taller than the normal Bic, not wider than the normal Zippo. I'm looking for something small.
-I would like to keep it under 25$ since I'm a poor student. This way I can spend more on cigars
-Torch, of course. Also, 1 flame is enough for me.

For the moment I was thinking about the Xicar Executive.

Comments and other suggestions are welcome.

Shit, you have a torch that lasted 5 years??!! Get another one just like it. Otherwise, the Xikar.

I have a colibri Thunderbird that's been working really well for me over the last 4 months or so, it was $12, and seems to be available all over. It's metal topped and bottomed with a leather wrap around the middle, very plain and nice.

oh - what's wrong with yours?

Can't be filled anymore. It usually works fine, but it looks like there's valve somewhere that is blocked. I still see the spark from the flint.

But as I said, it's a cheap lighter that, used sparingly, last for 5 years.

I would recommend not getting any Colbri, I've never had good experiences. The Nibo is pretty good, a friend got it free from CI when he ordered some cigars.

For the moment, the Xicar and his lifetime waranty looks the best for my budget.

What size is this lighter compared to a normal Bic?

That's definitely my favorite lighter. If you need anything from the CP Store (aka: cigarswag), PM me and I'll give you the absolute best price, guaranteed. Sales generated from swag goes towards the cp fund. All prices posted are listed at the lowest the manufacturers will allow us to go, however PM me if you like... Wherever you decide to go, I highly recommend Xikar, specifically the Axia. It's a quality lighter, heavy duty/solid product. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. Good luck.

Wherever you decide to go, I highly recommend Xikar, specifically the Axia. It's a quality lighter, heavy duty/solid product. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. Good luck.

Is that the one I was borrowing at the SeaHorse? If so, it is sweet.

Wherever you decide to go, I highly recommend Xikar, specifically the Axia. It's a quality lighter, heavy duty/solid product. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. Good luck.

Is that the one I was borrowing at the SeaHorse? If so, it is sweet.

That's it! Best lighter I've ever had.

I'm still using the Ronson JetLite I bought about 18 months ago. I got it at Walmart for $3.00, and it's still going strong.

I just got an insert for my Zippo. It has the butane flame. My wife gave it to me for my birthday. I love it. I can still use Grandpa’s old Zippo yet use the blue flame insert rp

I'm still using the Ronson JetLite I bought about 18 months ago. I got it at Walmart for $3.00, and it's still going strong.

Same here. For $3, you get a damn fine lighter that only requires regular butane (not 2x/3x/4x refined). It works great and it if breaks or you lose it, you're only out $3. I've been using mine for a year with no problems.

Never had any luck with the Colibris I bought.

Another vote for the Ronson, I can't stand to lose an expensive lighter.

My vote if for a $3 Ronson JetLight from Wallmart. It works well, and if you misplace it, you won't be too upset.

I think I will get both the Executive and the Ronson, and carry the Ronson when I'll know I won't stay sober.

I hope our Wallmarts carry them.