• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My " Mancave" at about the 2 week mark..

LedZep

What's Up folks :)

I see many of you are up to the same type of "Cave" creation project, So I figured I throw some pics up of what I started.

I framed this room shortly after we bought our first home, and never really did anything with it.
My sons stored crap in it. Used it for painting projects and other things for quite a while..

I decided to finish the drywall and taping.. Relocate most of the stuff from the corners to other areas and scavenge some items for a starter mancave..

I of course was forced to purchase an "air purifier" ( Mostly to squelch the wife.. I think It doesn't do much really.. )
I set up a few little tables and chairs for immediate Puffing use while I continue my work on it.

I have placed all sorts of "anti-stink" products around the room and my overpowered exhaust fan should be arriving next week.. ( Right now after a nice smoke session, it smells like cigar smoke and anti-stink stuff combined. LOL.. But not too bad to me anyway.. and the wife hasn't complained much, YET )

( The room is about 1340 cu. ft, The variable speed exhaust fan I ordered will pull about 2800cfm and take up more then half of the window area.. Hopefully the smoke won't have a chance to even hit the ceiling )

I still need to paint, finish the trim work, get something to cover the concrete floor and start to make it a bit more comfortable..

But for now.. IT is MUCH better then the garage or the cold back porch.. :thumbs:

It stays about 60-65 degrees in this room year long, It is mostly underground with a poured concrete foundation ( the window is about 1.5 ft. above ground level )
I have a few area heaters and nice dehumidifier I can plug in as needed if it gets damp.

I am really looking forward to the use of this room in the dead of Winter & will keep working on it as my free time, and cashflow permits... ( Oldest Son is going to college soon )
More pics to follow... if you would like, as my progress continues.

Led

gallery_10867_1257_85605.jpg

Looks like winner to me. As im sure most would agree with me....Any mancave is a good mancave.

A little paint and a tile or laminate floor and that place will be looking sweet! I really need to figure out some way to get myself a smoking room in the house, the winters are just too long and too cold! My wife complains sometimes even when I use the garage! :) Great work so far! :thumbs:

I'm jealous. I am in the process of buying a new house and still can't have a room to smoke in. Will have to use the garage I guess. Look forward to pics once you complete your project.

Led, you have some great potential there for a nicely laid out mancave! Keep us posted, especially once you install the fan and flooring.

Are you planning on Internet and cable TV down there too?

Are you planning on Internet and cable TV down there too?

Thanks for the supporting comments folks, I much appreciate it.

No internet or PC will be put there,
But a LCD flat panel is on my wish list for Christmas.. ( Just a small one for hanging on the cave wall.) :whistling:

I don't wish to create another living room out of it. My wife will wig if I start to be anti-social.

Just somewhere comfy where I can enjoy a smoke and watch the news or listen to some ZEP. Woot.