• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MY Motorola driod came today

drunkfish3

Angry Fish
this thing is awesome can't wait to try all the features. Anyone else have one and have any advice on what i need or have to have.

The Android OS is supposed to be awesome. I have heard lots of good things about it and the phone. The only negative is some complaints about the battery life. So keep an eye on that battery and let me know how it goes.

Art

I do not have one but I got one on the way. Though my best Friend has one, and I played with it, that thing has the best voice command feature that I have ever seen on a phone. I can not wait to get mine.
thumbs-up.gif

David

I got one recently and it is an awesome device. The map featue and gps function are outstanding!

I got one recently and it is an awesome device.

Tone, How are you finding the battery life? I have BB Tour and have been just waiting to see how that new Droid does. Battery life on the Tour is about 2+ days. Thats with talk, Facebook, Tex hold'em and whatever else. So I'm pretty happy with the battery life here, but if that Droid is similar I'd definitely switch.

Art

**edit cause I still cant type

I've used it for two complete days before I remembered to recharge and that was with roaming, mapping, gps and a little CP thrown in.

I won't get two days out of a charge on my Droid. When I take it off the charger it'll last the entire day but it will be dead by noon the next day in a best case scenario. I've had mine go dead around 7 or 8 pm after being charged overnight, but that was after using it with the navigation for an hour or so.

I personally don't care about battery life too much though. I have the home charger and a car charger, and I keep a micro USB cable with me so I can plug into my laptop.

A whole day on a charge is acceptable for me Khari. I had heard talk of more like 3-5 hrs and its beggin for a recharge.

Art

I got one its great it took some time getting use to, keypad is not made for big fingers ;) battery life is good I spent the entire day on it and I didn't have to charge it till the next day :thumbs: and you can extened bat life by shuting down your apps.

I've been using an android phone for a little over a year now. Here's a list of the apps i use or have used in the past.

Weatherbug or the weather channel - 2 best weather apps
barcode scanner - umm, scans barcodes
Shazam - Identifies songs using the microphone
last.fm, pandora - two great streaming music apps. Check out their websites first before trying to use on the phone.
stream furious - streaming audio app (shoutcast etc..)
gigbox - find concerts in your area
background - cool little background changing app
Astro - File manager app (delete, copy, rename files etc..)
cardar lite - bookmark your car location using GPS and find it later (great for nascar races)
Gameboid, BGCoid, Gearoid, Gensoid, Snesoid, Nesoid lite - emulators for older game systems (requires roms, if you know what those are, it should be easy to use, if not, then you'll need to do some research)
Dogcatcher - podcast app (not free)
google listen - free podcast app, but not as good
newsrob - rss reader
mileage - record your fill ups and calculate gas mileage
acar - similar to the above, but also tracks other maintenance and supports multiple vehicles (just started using this one)
notes - umm... take notes
shopSavvy - scan a barcode of an item and compare prices online before you buy in the store
finance - google finance app for stocks and such
remember the milk- Great todo list app. Works in conjunction with rememberthenilk.com (not free)
astrid - Similar to remember the milk. Great todo list that works with rememberthenilk.com
Locale - Share your location publicly via your phone's gps (not for the paranoid type)
Smart monitor - check how much cpu/ram/disk etc... is being used (both free and paid depending on features)
advanced task killer - keep tabs on which apps are running in the background and kill those suckers (helps with battery life)

By far, the apps I use the most now are: gmail and the newest maps version with turn by turn navigation. Unfortunately, I haven't found any killer games yet. Most are just OK. So far, I like robodefense and paralell kingdom (buggy, but interesting). Have fun and enjoy your new phone.

so after one day with my new phone i love it it is the best smart phone i have ever used and it makes my old treo look like a kids toy phone. i wanted a i phone since they came out but refuse to switch to att but know that i have this there is no need to ever think about that again.

I am the odd ball. I do not hate mine, but am having a very hard time getting used to it. It is my first smart phone which I bought because of my new job. Certain things I just cannot figure out, or seem like they are difficult to navigate around to etc. I know this is only because of ME, not the phone. I need to spend more ...oh there it just jingled at me...time with it.

I am the odd ball. I do not hate mine, but am having a very hard time getting used to it. It is my first smart phone which I bought because of my new job. Certain things I just cannot figure out, or seem like they are difficult to navigate around to etc. I know this is only because of ME, not the phone. I need to spend more ...oh there it just jingled at me...time with it.

yeah it takes a bit to get use to having had a smart phone before help a little with the email and web browsing. but it is different than any other phone i have used. the voice activated searching is awesome just say what you want and it brings up a google search for it and i can't believe how good it is a knowing what you say i have had trouble with things like this before do to accents but no issue here. i just spent the last hour playing robo defense fun game.

I just got my new one and I love it.

the g1 right?

No...the one w/o the keyboard.

oh what is the the my touch. the one thing i like about my phone over the i phone is the key board i hate typing onscreen.

I thought I'd have the same problem....but surprisingly enough, my fat fingers are still OK to type on screen.

I still have buyer's remorse for 14 days, so I'll be spending a lot of time on it before deciding whether to keep it or get something else.

Good to hear everyone likes theirs so far.

Anthem, maybe you need one of these: :D

gallery-3438131.jpg