• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new cabinet humi ... some input on which humidifier ?

TNT

Got a really good deal on this one. The humidifier was junk, so I'm thinking about getting a Hydra with a couple of fans for it. Not bad for about $100.00 . Its supposed to work for up to 8 cubic feet. And this cabinet is right at that

Or would I be better served with the Cigar Oasis II XL with a fan at the bottom ?? Currently I have a 200 ct table top with beads so using an electronic unit is new to me. Thanx for the help.

humidor.jpg

I would highly recommend the Accumonitor system:

Accumonitor

I have had one in use for a few years, and it is about as "set and forget" as it gets! Not as inexpensive as some others, but each canister holds about a quart of water, and, once seasoned, I only have to add water every couple of months. It has a very rapid recovery time as well.

I would highly recommend the Accumonitor system:

Accumonitor

I have had one in use for a few years, and it is about as "set and forget" as it gets! Not as inexpensive as some others, but each canister holds about a quart of water, and, once seasoned, I only have to add water every couple of months. It has a very rapid recovery time as well.
Habitat Monitor.

Each of my end table's have one...they work great.
There are the two better "build in" systems. I have a Habitat Monitor in my cooled Staebell cabinet and it works great. Rod did an install on an Accumonitor system in his cabinet and seemed pretty happy with that one too. Linked here.

I don't think you'd go wrong, either way.

Regards - B.B.S.

Thanx for the input guys. I think I'm going to go with the accumonitor 10-20. This cabinet is right at 10 cubic feet, and since it has some height, the dual canisters and fans of the 10-20 will allow me to put one each at the top and bottom - should keep it just right.

Thanx for the input guys...

Great looking Humi...! Is that the spot you picked out for it in your house? It looks great there and everything, but you may find (with the shades up) that spot may get a little hot in the summer depending on where you live and which way the window faces. I only say this because I had to move mine to a different room of the house when I found I could not satisfactorily control the temperature fluctuations caused by the proximity of my humi to the window.

Just a “heads up.”

-C&G

Thanx C&G .. yeah that window never has the wood blind open or even up. And the patio on the other side is covered from there to about 14 feet outwards. So that area is actually a very good temp. I was concerned about what you're saying tho.

Thanx for the input guys. I think I'm going to go with the accumonitor 10-20. This cabinet is right at 10 cubic feet, and since it has some height, the dual canisters and fans of the 10-20 will allow me to put one each at the top and bottom - should keep it just right.

I think you'll be very happy with that system.

BTW ... pay the extra and get the timed fans. They come on every hour for a minute or so, and really help keep the humidity distributed.

Make sure to show some pictures when you get it hooked up.