• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Cabinet

Oh Tosiek, I'm the least tolerent around here. Keep it up. You may get my attention yet.

Doc

Toliesk, you have received some excellent advice. Heed it.

To the OP, that is a sweet looking unit. I said unit, hehe.

ilikefishes said:

The op hasn't been on since 2010 he might not get your message.... :laugh:

No to mention that the thread itself is 3+ years old... :thumbs:

You should "party" more attention! If that ain't the definition of irony! :laugh:

Very NICE! Wish I could afford a bigger one. Some day! ill get the extra $$ and grab a wine cooler and start a wineador. But that's VERY NICE! congrats

Now you are on the hook Extreme.  I hate posting on my phone, but have to due to the hectic schedule.  Or just not participate here.  CJ would love that as would a few others I am sure.  This is typo clean and punctuation clean so bite me WKOTI!

Those about to light a cigar, I salut You!
My very first post on this Forum referred to Jose L Piedra cigars. I read some posts here in which these cigars are machine made. Here is a description of Jose L Piedra cigars from Vancouver Cigar Company: "Jose L Piedra, a global brand of Handmade Cuban cigars, offer the Cazadores as one of the larger cigars in the Jose L Piedra line. Perhaps one of the most popular vitola in this brand, the Cazadores is a balanced light to medium cigar that always delivers a generous amount of billowing smoke to those wanting Cuban flavour without parting with a lot of money. The Cazadores has a pleasant room odour and earthy flavour, giving you more than an hour of smoking time."
I've done more googling up on the subject of those cigars, and I learned from one of the cigar review sites, that there are machine made Jose L Piedra cigars as well. Since I do not desire to be rebuked again for providing link to another site, I would suggest, that those who would like to learn more about this particular brand of cigars (or any other brand), just enter the brand name to google search engine and click 'search' button.
I do hope that I did not commit an offence by mentioning Google here:)
Cheers!        

Devil Doc said:
Oh Tosiek, I'm the least tolerent around here. Keep it up. You may get my attention yet.

Doc
Apparently I already did.
Cheers!

ilikefishes said:

English isn't my mother tongue, so since I didn't know what 'Heed it' means, I googled it up. Thanks to your comment I enhanced my vocabulary. 
Cheers!

moopbe said:
How is your experience with the Balmoral Royal Selection? Because I buy the Robustos quite often because of their lower price tag of 6,20 EUR over here.
And I love them very much. Of course it's not a Cohiba but still I think the flavor is quit rich yet mild and pleasant for a beginner like me.
And the price is more attracting for daily use.
I was amazed to find as little information about the cigar on this forum.

EDIT: Never mind, my bad. Just saw it is a Dominican Selection. Thought it was a red label instead of brown
blush.gif
Hi, a few years ago I went to Seattle WA to see how cigar stores differ comparing to those that I've seen in Vancouver, BC. Also, I wanted to get familiar with cigar brands that are available in USA, and to check out the prices. I was amazed by walk in humidors where I spent quite a bit of time sniffing the air and browsing through the cigars. I also was secretly measuring temperature and humidity in those humidors in order to see how much it was off the recommended mark. For that purpose I used small digital device which I brought with me. It was before 9/11, American customs officers only asked me what do I need this device for, when I explained, they became very interested on the subject of cigars, and we had a friendly chat. In one store, Balmoral Royal Selection cigars caught my attention. They had very nice colour, and I liked the smell. What I noticed was, that the top of these cigars was much brighter than their 'back' side.
I figured that these cigars were there for ages. So I asked the sales clerk if he would be willing to lower the prices for these cigars if I took what was left of them. He agreed, and I bought remaining 30 Balmorals of various sizes, nice Balmoral box and Balmoral plastic bag included. In the box there was a little square piece of paper which reads: Inspected By: and here is a stamp which looks like 12 I 0, possibly date, and hand written signature which looks like it could be Mario. It was a real pleasure to smoke these cigars. I liked everything about them. I smoked 28, and I still have two left in my humidor. On the front of the red band with golden castle it's printed: Balmoral Royal Selection, on the side: Hechos A Mano Republica Dominicana. I don't speak Spanish, so I googled up English translation: handmade, made by hand in Dominican Republic.
I keep those two Balmoral cigars with a few others for a Special Occasion. Fanny thing is, there were already quite a few Special Occasions, and I still can't made the decision when to smoke these babes. I keep imagining though how good they will taste after all this time spent in humidor in Seattle, and now in my humidor.
The once that I have left are approximately 7" long, and 3/4" in diameter.
And how did you like your Balmoral cigars?
Cheers!     

Tosiek with a cigar said:
Those about to light a cigar, I salut You!
My very first post on this Forum referred to Jose L Piedra cigars. I read some posts here in which these cigars are machine made. Here is a description of Jose L Piedra cigars from Vancouver Cigar Company: "Jose L Piedra, a global brand of Handmade Cuban cigars, offer the Cazadores as one of the larger cigars in the Jose L Piedra line. Perhaps one of the most popular vitola in this brand, the Cazadores is a balanced light to medium cigar that always delivers a generous amount of billowing smoke to those wanting Cuban flavour without parting with a lot of money. The Cazadores has a pleasant room odour and earthy flavour, giving you more than an hour of smoking time."
I've done more googling up on the subject of those cigars, and I learned from one of the cigar review sites, that there are machine made Jose L Piedra cigars as well. Since I do not desire to be rebuked again for providing link to another site, I would suggest, that those who would like to learn more about this particular brand of cigars (or any other brand), just enter the brand name to google search engine and click 'search' button.
I do hope that I did not commit an offence by mentioning Google here:)
Cheers!        

Doc
Apparently I already did.
Cheers!

Hey wise ass you still don't get it you linked a source to a Cuban cigar retailer which is against the rules here since Cuban cigars are illegal in the USA. I gave you solid advice and much nicer than most would have been here to your blatant disregard of the rules you said you had already read which was clearly bullshit. However go back to your wonderful cigar information portal called Google I'm sure you will get lots of friendly advice form experienced cigar smokers over there...

Cheers!

Tosiek with a cigar said:

:thumbs: Wow, very nice humidor, I especially like those Jose L. Piedras in there. Even though they are machine made, they are a great smoke.

Hi, according to folks at Vancouver Cigar Company, Jose L Piedra Cazadores cigars are made by hand. They should know, since they have direct contact with Cuban cigar makers. They organize events during which guests can buy cigars rolled on the spot by invited over from Cuba cigar roller. Here is their cuban stock with prices in $CDN and short description of each cigar. Jose L Piedra Cazadores cigars are on that list <SOURCE REMOVED> 
Cheers!

Nice first post :( ... How about an Intro! And we don't discuss CC sources here!

Click this!

Read the rules and fill out an intro. Welcome to CP.

Paul
I do not appreciate to be bossed around, and judging by the tone of your response to my post that's exactly what you were trying to do. So perhaps it's you who should brush up on the rules. Aha, if you ask me, I do not like the description above your avatar, in my opinion it's offensive for women, not to mention that I do not see any connection with cigars there. I read the rules before i registered my account. I didn't provide the URL to the source of my information that I posted in order to advertise this company. I did that because I needed to make my post credible. I'm not an expert on the subject of cigars, but these guys are. It just happened, that in the monthly newsletter from them the price list for their stock was included. While going through that list I found the name of cigars that I'm not familiar with, Jose L Piedra cigars. When I'm not familiar with something, but I'm interested about it, I educate myself by googling stuff up on the given subject. This is how I do things. So I googled up the info, checked some images, and while doing that, the image with humidor lead me to CigarPass site where I found the posts containing incorrect information regarding these cigars. I registered my account in order to post correct info. Now, apparently there aren't any moderators here, so what's this attitude of yours, all big and mighty and judgmental? You felt personally offended by my post or something? I do hope that other forum members aren't like you, because if they are, I made a huge and unnecessary mistake by joining this forum.      
Paul is one of the nicest, kindest, BOTL you will find. His post was mild and he was only trying to make you aware of the rules. Self moderating is just what he did. I hope you will think and read some more here before you try to insult any of the members here. There is a lot of information and a lot of great people here that would kindly welcome any new members to this site.
With that said, welcome, but follow the few rules.

Ian