• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Coolidor!

fegbri

fegbri
So I had a 62 quart coleman cooler lying around and since my humi is at it's peak, I decided to try it out. First I used weatherstripping to improve the seal. I tested it by blowing in the drain hole while it was closed. I really had to blow to get the air to come out in the very front, so the seal is pretty good. After about 3 days of searching for spanish ceder I decided to order 3 standard trays and modify them myself. They were only $24 total so it wouldn't hurt to try. Well...it turned out amazing!! This cooler had a natural lip about mid way up on both sides. Perfect for a shelf on one side, and two trays on the other. The trays were and inch too long, so I used my dremel and some wood glue to disect them, shorten, and put back together. The third tray I just cut out the bottom and used it for a shelf. Adding a Calliber 3, and 1/2 lb of 65% beads. Enough room for plenty of singles and boxes. Let me know what you think.

Now I just have to try and fill it!!!! :)

cooler1.jpg

cooler2.jpg

Nice set-up, and you got the king of coolerdors approval on it too. :thumbs:

THANKS GINSENG and others!!! That is a compliment! I am waiting on Viper to send the beads in order to fill it....oh...and the money to buy some more sticks might help. :laugh: Hopefully Santa will help out. I should be fine with just 2 mesh bags of beads right? I figured one on the bottom (maybe on the wheel humps, and then going to try and get one on the upper level or door.

Great job. I'd be a proud owner of that cooler...if it had sticks in it!!!! :angry:

THANKS GINSENG and others!!! That is a compliment! I am waiting on Viper to send the beads in order to fill it....oh...and the money to buy some more sticks might help. :laugh: Hopefully Santa will help out. I should be fine with just 2 mesh bags of beads right? I figured one on the bottom (maybe on the wheel humps, and then going to try and get one on the upper level or door.

By the way, here's a DIFFERENT TAKE on the exact same cooler, FWIW:

S5001027.jpg

And FILLED UP:
Cooler11_20082.jpg

So, there ya go. You did yours horizontally, I did mine vertically. Aesthetically, I prefer being able to see ALL of my boxes without sorting through them like old magazines, but that's just one man's opinion. :whistling:

Souldog, yours is actually a bigger one. I wanted to do it vertically but my spaces to put shelves weren't lined up good. But horizontally it had the ledge mid way up, so it worked out perfect. Your's is smooth mid way down. I was going to get your cooler once I saw your pics, but figured I would just use what I had for now. I am happy with the way it turned out though. Very user friendly...

That looks great. Where did you get the trays. Three for $24 is better than I have found.

Have fun filling it up.

Now that there is some creative coolerdor work!

Great jobs, gentlemen.

Wilkey

Wow, you guys are good! I'm glad I don't know how to post pictures. I converted a big tupperware type of container and attached cedar sleeves from cigar boxes to the sides. Looks like a piece of crap compare to yours, but it does work.