• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my "new" Peterson Churchwarden

aingeil

Picked up my first "quality" pipe off ebay for about $30 after smoking some cheap box pipes and a cob. Here's the before and after pictures. Ended up blistering my thumb cleaning up the stem but it was well worth it as you can see:D LOL originally I thought it was supposed to be a 2 tone tan/greenish colour for the stem after I had cleaned it with alcahol. Wow was I surprised to see it after.

The Before -

Peterson1.jpg

Peterson2.jpg

The After -

Peterson004.jpg

Peterson003.jpg

Peterson002.jpg

Peterson001.jpg

That's a pretty darned nice job. What polish did you use?

for the stem, first rubbing alcohol until it no longer did anything/much, then a mister clean magic eraser until IT no longer took anything off/much at all, then Colgate toothpaste until there was no discolouration at all, then finished with a light coat of non toxic/unscented mineral oil for shine:D (although vegetable oil works well too, just has a tendency to collect more bacteria) Takes a lot of elbow grease but the end result is great, and saves having to sand/buff if out if you don't have the tools or steady enough hand for that.

As for the bowl itself, just a toothbrush and some light water to clean out the crevices (only bad part about rustics lol), then rubbed with light coat of oil to bring back the colour of the wood, being extremely careful not to get any water/oil inside the actual bowl so as not to have to let it dry for a month lol (though small amount of alcohol and cotton balls would help remove oil if someone were to accidentally get some inside the bowl)

:whistling: oO0(wonder if he'd sale it for what he has in it?)

Nice job. I like the toothepaste ideal,dont know why I never thought of it. I use olive oil to "black" a stem after cleaning. Also I take those bristled cleaners soaked in rum and give the bowl interior a good scrubbing, when all the gunk is out I'll use fluffy's and twisted up paper towels to dry it. Its usually good to go the next morning.

Carnuba and a variable speed buffing wheel work nicely on stems and don't leave one's hands blistered. Bowl sweetner seems to work nicely for getting the inside of the pipe ready for smoking. Just my .02 FWIW.