• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Newbie Humidors - Rearranging my stash..

LedZep

Good Afternoon Folks.
I hope you are all having a good weekend so far, The weather is crappy here..

Just thought I'd post some pics of newbie humidors and there contents while I was on a rearranging kick this morning. ;)

I certainly don't have the selection of some of you senior BOTL's. :(
But I am working on it a little at a time. :cool:
Gotta start somewhere.. :whistling:

gallery_10867_1257_124213.jpg

Comments and stuff always welcome.

Looks like a great stash...but take it from another noob who started this sickness about a year ago...but a 120 qt cooler...some heartfelt beads. Its Coolidor time bro...you are in denial.

See the pinned topic on Coolidor 101....and good luck!!

Its Coolidor time bro...you are in denial.

See the pinned topic on Coolidor 101....and good luck!!

LMAO, I know brother.. I am not sure what I am going to do, ( Coolidor or bigger Humidor and Bomb the small ones out) .. I do like to separate the flavored sticks from the others..
But YES sir .. I do need more space. ( Don't most of us? )

PS. I have some auction winnings arriving next week too. LOL.. About 10 more sticks.

Yeah I am a fairly new member too. The multiple humidor thing gets old really quick. It was just hard for me trying to maintain all of them properly. My cooler and my venotemp have made my life so much easier. I am not running any desktop humis now except for one small one that i keep in the bedroom. There is never more than one or two cigars in there.

Very nice stash.. a nice variety of sticks too.

The nice thing about doing a coolidor is that you can get a nice digital calibrated hygrometer (I don't trust the analog ones after having problems with so many of them) and some beads, so you only have to watch and maintain everything in one or two places.

I certainly see alot of CI influence in the stickers and the cigars. :p CI tends to have a decent amount samplers all good for the price.

I certainly see alot of CI influence in the stickers and the cigars. :p CI tends to have a decent amount samplers all good for the price.

Yes Sir, You.. are correct Sir. CI it is alot of the time.

and yes, They do have a nice assortment of samplers at decent prices..

and you know what else brother ?

Living so close by.. =

I need a bigger humidor.. :laugh:

LOL! Very true. One thing, I was a CI buyer a while back but I checked out other online shops and personal retailers and IMHO CI is the worst of them all. Just a bunch of 2nds and bundles that the bulk cigar companies want to get rid of. I also think that the mags get less quality when compared to the B&Ms. Give it a try just once. :thumbs:

Nice Pics. Looks like you have a nice stash going! Never have purchased from CI but I guess I need to give them a lookup. I'm wanting to get a vinotemp. Would have purchased the one posted here at CP but shipping out weighs the deal. Just have to purchase a new one.

LOL! Very true. One thing, I was a CI buyer a while back but I checked out other online shops and personal retailers and IMHO CI is the worst of them all. Just a bunch of 2nds and bundles that the bulk cigar companies want to get rid of. I also think that the mags get less quality when compared to the B&Ms. Give it a try just once. :thumbs:

Oh, Believe me Sir... CI isn't the only one. Just One of several.
Famous, Thompsons, Cigar.com , JR and a few others have had my patronage..

Famous is pretty close too.
A nice staff and a good B&M to go to besides MO stuff available..

Good looking selection. So the question is how long do you sit and ponder before finally deciding on one? :sign:

Nice assortment of sticks you have there...Isn't it amazing how quickly they multiply?

Good looking selection. So the question is how long do you sit and ponder before finally deciding on one? :sign:

Well. it kind of works like this for now.. Somehow it doesn't seem like much of a chore to make a selection /decision on what to smoke with this system.

* The Bigger 150ct. box is the general storage area.. If I have more then 1 of a particular stick or a nice unwrapped stick .. it goes there. ( Contents about 100+ )
( The Brown one , with small glass windows )

* I have a small 25ct. box for "flavored' or infused smokes, Like Acid and those tins of smaller smokes my wife don't complain about too much.
( The Burlwood one - Contents about 15 + tins )

* I have what I call my "Primary" 25ct. box for " What I plan to smoke ASAP or soon.. ".. I open this one much more frequently then any other box I have.
( Its the black one - Contents 20ish) )

* I have the jar thingy for my "cheaper" sticks I picked up to try. (15 - 20 in it)

* I also have a 10ct. Herfador full of my favorites .. In case I need to bring something for an on the go. (Not pictured)

Is this a bad thing? or normal for some of us? ???

Anyone else use a simple "Sorting" system such as this ?

I am pretty OCD about it myself as well, except, I ran into an issue. Since joining CP, I've went out and bought enough empty cigar boxes to fill my Edgestar with and have loaded all the boxes up, and then for some stupid reason, I kept buying and now have 3 large tupperware brimming from the seam with cigars, all while I wait for Chuck's drawers to come for my fridge. So, at this point, OCD has taken a back seat to proper humidification and care, until the drawers come, and once they do, I will show some before and after pictures, of course with OCD applied.

My recommendation, listen to what everyone else says, Winodor or Cooler, whatever you choose, get one and get it before your inventory has filled it, rather then after.

Great selection of sticks you have there.

The BOTLs on here are wise beyond their years. I wish I had listened to great advice about upgrading my storage when it was given. Oh, and you will never have enough room :D

I was like you once and had 4 humis running at one time. I read about using a wine fridge, winodor. I wish I had done it sooner. I went to Craigslist and got a 17 bottle for 20 bucks. Never needs to be plugged in and stays between 68 and 70 degrees. I am out of room again.

It is a slippery slope my brother. But a great ride.