• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My projects, ashtrays, Humidors etc.

I figured out a great way to get a tight seal on the lid when I build a humidor. I cut a rabbet along the outside edge for the Spanish Cedar 3/8"wide x 1/16" deep. By doing this I can put 1/8" x 3/8" foam tape in the groove. It allows the tape to rise 1/16" out of the edges. I then used some magnets mortised in flush to pull the lid tight to the tape. When the lid is opened it creates the same vacuum seal as tight fit wood w/o being affected by wood movement. I'll post pix tomorrow night when I finish the trays for the inside. That's all thats left on MKR160's humidor. 1 down, 2 to go. Should be done this week.(Then it's on to more) :thumbs: This is WWAAAYY TOO much fun. :laugh:

357796827.jpg

357796822.jpg

357796859.jpg

This seal is tighter than a nats ass.

This one is done. It's Bubinga, Waterfall Bubinga, curly maple, Shedua, Spanish Cedar, Figured Spanish Cedar and the inlay. It'll hold 100 to 150 cigars. Please enjoy.
On to the next ones.
357796810.jpg

357796793.jpg

357796843.jpg

357796863.jpg

357796859.jpg

Thank you. The finish is 5 coats of Tung Oil hand rubbed then followed up wth 4 coats of paste wax. Each coat requires waiting 24 hrs between the next one. I think it's worth the wait. :thumbs:

You guys are way too kind. Thanks very much. Wait til the other BOTL here get theirs. :whistling: It'll be up to them if they want to post them but I'm sure they'll be happy. :thumbs:

I am blown away and astonished at your craftsmanship! Very good work :thumbs: