• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Smokes Are Too Dry

gibu

Some advise would be appreciated.

I live in Kansas and as a nice little bonus for us cigar smokers here, it gets way too dry in the winter, and way too wet in the summer. I have some very nice humidors with very nice Oshkosh Hummies and even an Oasis, but even after adding humidi discs and humidi tubes all over the place I still have trouble keeping things level at 70.

This winter the cigars that did the best were some cheap ones I had in a humi-jar with a stick. I walked by it every day and if I seen the humidity getting a little high I would just open the lid a little. They faired the best this winter by far.

HELP!! Any sugestions would be appreciated. My ISOM's are a wreck.

CLIMMAX BEADS!! I live in New Mexico, dry! dry! and oh yea DRY!! All year long!! Keeping my humididty stable was hell, Not any more! Check out Climmax.com, Get in touch with Vern. He is a brother here at CP and will take the time to talk with you and set you up! ;)

Right before the dry season, take your cigars and duouble ziploc them. Put a dish of water in your humi until it hits %73 or so. Toss your sticks back in. Also make sure your meter is calibrated. If it still doesn't hold, you have a bad seal. Sailmakers wax should do the trick. Rub it over once on the seals to your lid. Should seal it right up! I also want to say that Climmax beads rock!
Emo

Climmax Beads are the way to go. Low maintenance and will self adjust to the changes needed.

You may also want to check the seal on your humidor. Maybe do the dollar test.

Place a dollar bill on the edge of your humidro and close it. You should be able to pull the dollar out witha t fair amount of resistance. If it comes out rather easily, with no resistance, you may have a problem with the seal of your humidor, thus the probelm with getting your humidity level high enough.

Thanks for the tips. I already had climaxx beads on order, good to see I spent my money wisely.

I hope it's not my humidors, I will xheck them. I rather suspect its not their fault though since I have three and they all have the problem to roughly the same degree. I will check though. I should be doing that right now in fact..................

Hey, not to have you guys do it all for me, but what makes a handy sized container for my new climaxx beads when they arrive. Something that doesnt take up too much room but yet works well. I will probably want a large surface area for them to expose as many beads as possible to do their work won't I?

While were at it, whats your advise on what I should have for dinner. Should I make something, order pizza, or go get chineese or perhaps Taco's. Your help with everything is greatly appreciated.

I would go for the Chinese, perhaps Moo shoo pork or creamof sum yungguy....I heard couple of the guys here really enjoy the second dish, never had it myself.....NOT that there's anything wrooong with that!!
:0 :0 :D :sign: :sign:

gr8full2day said:
I would go for the Chinese, perhaps Moo shoo pork or creamof sum yungguy....I heard couple of the guys here really enjoy the second dish, never had it myself.....NOT that there's anything wrooong with that!!
:0 :0 :D :sign: :sign:
Oh the humanity ROFLMAO!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Gotta love this place. :love:

Sam