• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My trip report from Phnom Penh

gardkarlsen

Hi

My wife and I went to Vietnam and Cambodia during Easter this year. This is the last part of the trip report and this time we have come to Phnom Penh, the capitol of Cambodia. It is not really a main tourist destination and it does not have a number of attractions like some other cities. But we got to experience a city where people were celebrating New Year with dancing and games in the street. But places like Tuol Sleng S-21 torture prison and killing fields reminded us about the tragic past of this country with the rule of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge. Well, here is the trip report with photos, videos, links etc: http://gardkarlsen.com/Phnom_Penh_Cambodia_trip_report.htm . I hope that it can give you an idea of how we experienced the city.

prisoner_photos_Tuol_Sleng_tn.JPG
Silver_Pagoda_Phnom_Penh2_tn.JPG
Skulls_at_killing_fields_tn.JPG
Girls_with_talcum_powder_faces_Phnom_Penh_tn.JPG

Great stuff Gard....I'll have to check out your link from home when I have time to read it.

You certainly do get around. Nice pics.

Really well written report. :thumbs:

I have to wonder, what do you enjoy more, the trip, or the report? ;)

I had a phenomenal time in Cambodia when I was there!
A country wrapped in beauty and tragedy.

Check out Myanmar some time!

Nice trip report!

-R

Really well written report. :thumbs:

I have to wonder, what do you enjoy more, the trip, or the report? ;)

Thanks. Good point....I do love to travel and I think it is great fun to write the trip reports. It is sort of a diary for myself and it is actually fun to read the old reports that I have on the homepage. But it is a bit of work putting the reports together...right now I'm working on the Dubai trip report and I'm also going to write a bit about London. And on Saturday I'm going to Hong Kong so keep an eye on my blog http://gardkarlsen.com/blog/ as I'm planning to post some updates on the way ;-)