• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Vacation

Wow that is some RED hair your kid has. He looks like he's having a good time.

Thanks for sharing the photos..

Matt

PB Jr. is getting big! Ya gotta be lovin it ;) Looks like he had a great time.

Looks like a fun trip there is a place near me that is similar. Did they have monkeys there?

No monkeys, the only primates there are the ones in the cars driving thriugh :p

It really was a great time. We loved it so much that we got a one year family plan so we can go back as many times as we want in the next year :thumbs:

Then of course there is the Dinosaur Valley State Park right down the street, which has some of the best preserved dinosaur tracks in the world. The dinosaur tracks are in the riverbed of the Paluxy.
kidsfootprint190x250.jpg

We are going to go camping there with my parents this fall and go back to Fossil Rim too.

There is also a really great place to EAT in Glen Rose

Does my whole family have a target on their back?

Rabies Warning at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center

Aug 4, 2004 10:12 pm US/Central
Rabies Warning:

Texas Department of Health
NEWS RELEASE
August 4, 2004

Visitors to Children's Animal Center near Glen Rose May Have Been Exposed to Rabies

Texas Department of Health (TDH) officials are alerting the public that visitors to the Children's Animal Center at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center near Glen Rose may have been exposed to a Barbado sheep that later tested
positive for rabies.

TDH officials say that people who visited the Children's Animal Center at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center from July 10 through July 30 should contact a doctor or the TDH zoonosis control office in Arlington at 817-264-4920 to
determine if post-exposure treatment to prevent the development of rabies is needed.

The Children's Animal Center is located at the overlook, half-way through the scenic wildlife drive, in a barn. Fossil Rim Wildlife Center is 55 miles southwest of Fort Worth and 75 miles southwest of Dallas, near Glen Rose.

Rabies is most often transmitted by bites, but transmission can occur in other ways that allow the saliva from an infected animal to enter a person's bloodstream such as from a lick to a person's face or to fresh wounds or
broken skin. Transmission also can occur is a person kisses the infected animal on its face or lips. A series of post-exposure shots, if given in time, can prevent rabies from developing. Once symptoms develop, rabies is
almost always fatal.

Wow PB, this sounds like it could be potentially serious. I will pray that everything is ok and that Lil P did not get exposed to rabies. Please keep us posted.
God Bless,

John V.

Thanks John, I will let you know what I find out.

Based on the dates given, we were there the day AFTER the scare. My concerne is that while they had moved the infected animal the day before, they were not aware it was rabies until yesterday. So they had not done decontamination in the petting zoo. I am waiting for call backs from the Health Department, Joey's pediatrician and Fossil Rim.

Sorry to hear about that Puro, I'll keep my fingers crossed as well. ??? Great pictures though, my boy has a whole head of red hair too, practically have to immerse him in sun-block before he can go swimming or out in the sun. Is that a water-buffalo in picture #8?, my god, it's a hideous looking thing, looks like an ex-girlfriend of mine. :D

On a separate track of thought, the Paluxy site is very controversial among Creationists and evolution proponents. I won't get political about it, but both sides have some interesting stuff to say about the Paluxy tracks. You can check out a link about it here, here,and here.I'd be curious to know what they told you guys on tours if they gave them.

SFG75 said:
Is that a water-buffalo in picture #8?, my god, it's a hideous looking thing, looks like an ex-girlfriend of mine. :D

On a separate track of thought, the Paluxy site is very controversial among Creationists and evolution proponents. I won't get political about it, but both sides have some interesting stuff to say about the Paluxy tracks. You can check out a link about it here, here,and here.I'd be curious to know what they told you guys on tours if they gave them.
Wildebeest actually, My son and myself fed the beast by hand. Handsome little fellers, ain't they :D

As for the Paluxy stuff, we actually were not able to see it due to high muddy water, from the rains of late. We will go next time :)

Aa for the controversy, I am interested in the Dino tracks, which I am sure we all agree certainly did live here at some point. The people tracks..? I dunno, I still agree with what has been the school of thought for as long as I remember "Man did not co-exist with Dinos". Luckily I am looking for the entertainment value of the tracks, not biblical or scientific facts. ???

PuroBrat said:
Wildebeest actually, My son and myself fed the beast by hand. Handsome little fellers, ain't they :D
Thanks for the clarification, I kept trying to remember what in the hell that thing was called. You always see them on the discovery channel being hunted and killed by cheetahs and other animals. :D You have to go to South Dakota and visit "bear park" It's exactly what you did with your family at that place-you drive around these paths and theres all sorts of animals on both sides. I think a lot of 'em were drugged, but I didn't want to go out and kick the buffalo or anything like that. Though I do like to visit buffalo viewing areas, due to the fact that some idiot with a camera just has to get the best shot. :D Glad you guys had a good time- take care and hope things turn out well.