• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Week in Review

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
Well I had to travel back down to SC this week for work. Here’s a review of my week of work, steak, and cigars. If it's too long, you're too old. :sign:

Sunday
Work: Slept in late and decided not to go. The best decision I made all week.
Dinner: I got a cut of prime rib at Steak & Ale House. It was decent but cooked more medium than medium-rare. I’d rather eat a rare steak than medium. I’d rather get shot in the foot than eat a well-done steak. It’s Sunday so I couldn’t get a drink; welcome to the bible belt. :(
Cigars: My first was an enjoyable La Perla Habana Black Pearl Gran Robusto. It had much more body and flavor than other Black Pearl’s I’ve smoked. My second was a La Aurora Cameroon Robusto. This was also a pretty good cigar considering what I paid for it. Both were pretty medium bodied.
Verdict: A good start to the week

Monday
Work: I get that a little before 7 and my master key doesn’t work in any doors. I call the owner and he says they changed the brand new locks and he’ll bring down a key for me (he’s 3 miles down the road). Over an hour later, his son shows up and lets me in. Mother f’ers knew I would be there early and never told me they changed the locks. :angry:
Dinner: Had a great NY Strip at my local hangout with a couple Thomas Creeks (red ale and IPA). A lot of lesbians hang out there, but unfortunately there wasn’t any eye candy that night. I think I’ve seen and felt more lesbian titties here in the last 8 months than most people do in a lifetime.
Cigars: I picked up a Southern Ring of Fire (rolled for a local shop) to try. I smoked about an inch of this and set it down (it was sickly sweet with a hint of white owl tobacco flavor). I smoked (or tried to smoke) a Hemingway Signature Maduro next. The wrapper was splotchy, but smelled good. I clipped the end and it was plugged! Could this day get any worse? Almost half of it ended up being smokeable, salvaging part of my night. The flavor it did produce when flowing freely was fantastic.
Verdict: It’s a good thing I don’t have rope in my truck or someone would find me hanging from the joists in the morning.

Tuesday
Work: Tuesday makes Monday seem like a walk in the park. I wish I could just tell the owner to leave me the hell alone.
Dinner: Had a filet from California Dreaming that was cooked just perfectly along with some Rodney Strong Cabernet and Pepperwood Pinot Noir. :love:
Cigars: Smoked a Partagas Spanish Rosado before passing out at 9. It was ok, but there are many more smokes I’d rather have for the money. I missed the State of the Union, but I pretty much guessed it would just be, fear the terrorists, you’re un-American if you don’t support everything I do, and let the government do whatever they want (it’s for your own good, heil Bush, heil Bush!).
Verdict: How can I burn the building down so I can go home but not get arrested for arson?

Wednesday
Work: I think I’ve now reached the seventh circle of Hell.
Dinner: Had a house sirloin at Arizona Steak House (pineapple juice and brown sugar glaze cooked over hickory) and some Blackstone Merlot. I love Arizona; it has great food at reasonable prices and a very nice atmosphere. :thumbs:
Cigars: I lit up a VSG Enchantment. It was great; not quite as strong as the Illusion’s I usually smoke (I’m guessing due to less flavor from the wrapper from the larger gauge). I could smoke these all day long; I just wish it was a little longer. :blush:
Verdict: It’ll be a miracle if I don’t come into work shooting tomorrow

Thursday
Work: I deflected everything from the owner to my office and cruised through the day. From now on, the answer is always NO (I’m glad I don’t work at Capital One).
Dinner: I went to the B&M downtown and they surprisingly had 3 boxes of King B’s in the corner. They were a little pricey but I picked one up anyway. I went to Charlie’s Steak House, which has been open since the 20’s and hasn’t been redecorated since the 50’s (it looks and smells like my Grandmother’s house). I had some zinfandel and a T-Bone that was a little overcooked, but delicious nonetheless.
Cigars: I kicked back and lit up my first AVO XO Preludio. I wasn’t expecting as much flavor as I got from this thing. I have one that’s a 50 gauge too (this one was 40), so it will be interesting to note the flavor difference between the two. I have a feeling I’ll like the smaller gauge better.
Verdict: I guess I’ll return the gun, set down the matches, and get this building done so I can get the hell out of Dodge.

Friday
Work: Uneventful, which is a very good thing. I think some people are finally getting the hint.
Dinner: The ribeye wasn’t great at City Range, but the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. Their featured wine, a Pinot Noir whose name escapes me, was too sweet for my taste so I switched to Sam Adams Winter Ale.
Cigars: I had a couple laundry cigars this evening. I put my clothes in the washer and smoked a Rafael Gonzalez Panatelas Extra, which was very good. It had what I call a typical Cuban flavor and was medium to full bodied. Once my clothes were drying, I had time for a bigger cigar. I lit up one of the King B’s from the box I got yesterday and had nothing but burn problems. These definitely need to dry more before they’re smoked again. I love these things but haven’t had one without burn problems.
Verdict: Having to work Saturday just ruins Fridays

Saturday
Work: I had time to write all this, so it must have been uneventful again.
Dinner: I had a good NY Strip at Longhorn Steakhouse paired with a couple Sam Adams.
Cigars: I got home and lit of a Vegas Robaina Famoso, a great little medium to full bodied smoke. After that was finished, I smoked an 858 SG, another one of my medium bodied favorites. These were my favorite smokes of the week. :love:
Verdict: I feel like I’m getting old by not staying out past 11. I will be a very happy man when this is done and I can sleep past 6 again.

Great story! It was funny. It was full of angst. It had damnation and it had redemption. I give it a two :thumbs:

You found a Pinot Noir was too sweet? And I also have to ask, with all that meat and alcohol, did you have any constipation? :p

Again, fabulous account.

Wilkey

Is there any better food than beef? :thumbs:

Thanks for the great story.

Man are you sure these are ciga reviews? I could have sworn they were steak/steakhouse reviews :)

The man knows his steaks....err I mean cigars :whistling: