• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My wife has lost it

zack3140

Retired and Loving it
Saturday night I was enjoying a wonderful cigar as my wife and I were talking. Suddenly she stopped and asked if my current humidor which hold about 150 cigars was full. I said yes, and she then asked if I planned on buying more cigars. Of course my response was yes if I ever see a good deal I have to get some. She then almost knocked me off my seat when she said well you might need another humidor, when you gonna get one. So I have been researching humidors, coolidors, vino-temps and the such on here and I have decided that being in an apartment my best choice is the traditional humidor but i need one that holds over 300. Any suggestions?

Saturday night I was enjoying a wonderful cigar as my wife and I were talking. Suddenly she stopped and asked if my current humidor which hold about 150 cigars was full. I said yes, and she then asked if I planned on buying more cigars. Of course my response was yes if I ever see a good deal I have to get some. She then almost knocked me off my seat when she said well you might need another humidor, when you gonna get one. So I have been researching humidors, coolidors, vino-temps and the such on here and I have decided that being in an apartment my best choice is the traditional humidor but i need one that holds over 300. Any suggestions?

<----linky

Have you considered the coolidor? I know you listed it, but I think you can make it work. I paid $250 for my 250 count humidor, and although it is pretty, I am in my cooler much more often. My humidor filled up within a couple of months being on here, and back then I was a budget smoker, so expect it to fill up FAST.

Since getting a cooler that I am bursting at the seams with, it cost me about $60 for the cooler, $40 for the beads, and nothing for the wood. A hundred bucks for triple the space of a 250 ct. versus $250... As far as space, I live in a condo, and I jam mine into a spare bedroom. I'm sure you can clear a space in your closet...

If you still opt out for the humi, here's my suggestion:

http://www.humidorvault.com/Ebano-200-Ciga...p/hum-ebano.htm

It does look very nice, and it's heavy, and has the "swoosh" when you close it. Just my .02 cents. (GO FOR THE COOLER!!!)

I clicked that link, and involuntarily blurted out, "Wow - that's an effing great deal".

Now I want one. :angry:

I'll say it again..... WTF am I doing wrong? ? ?

I bought my humidor from cheap humidors and have been very pleased. But, my suggestion.... get a cooler! It'll do the same job as any humidor, maybe better, with less setup and you'll have enough scratch from difference to buy a couple boxes of 'gars.

When I decided to "go large", I called Bob Staebell. Here's a link. Bob is the best and made one to fit a space I had. I wanted active cooling and humidification. I bought one of these as "significant decimal" birthday present to myself:

Humi_03.jpg

Sitting in it's space, with my treasure inside (more since this was taken):

full_humi.jpg

An investment, but if you want something "nice" keep in mind Bob can make them in pretty much any size you want. I can recommend his work, without reservation.

Good luck on the hunt - B.B.S.

Edited to add link.....

<----linky

Seconded! I got this a month or so ago and it's a great humidor, and you can't beat the price!

Holy Crap Blinded, that freakin' rocks!

Very nice!

Wonder if I can convince Mrs Claus for one of THOSE for Christmas.....

I found a Vinotemp in the walk-in closet in my small apt works very well indeed. I keep a few humis in there, can bust one out if I want to use it for decoration or somethin...

When I decided to "go large", I called Bob Staebell. Here's a link. Bob is the best and made one to fit a space I had. I wanted active cooling and humidification. I bought one of these as "significant decimal" birthday present to myself:

full_humi.jpg

That a gun safe next to it? Someone after my own heart. Wish I could keep mine in the house, not enough room though.

<----linky

In my humble opinion that looks like a great deal. I suppose it depends on how much you wish to spend. Coolidor or end table, hmmmm, good question. Having and active temperature and humidity control is fabulous, but I'm sure it is also a bit more costly.

<----linky

Suggestions:

1. Buy her flowers.
2. Write a book together on "How to Make Your Wife Want You To Buy More Cigars"
3. Make Millions from this book.

I wanted to quote this page because I and a close friend both own this humidor. It does a pretty decent job. Watch you back, it is fuggin heavy.

<----linky

Suggestions:

1. Buy her flowers.
2. Write a book together on "How to Make Your Wife Want You To Buy More Cigars"
3. Make Millions from this book.

I wanted to quote this page because I and a close friend both own this humidor. It does a pretty decent job. Watch you back, it is fuggin heavy.

Thanks for all the help. We (her and I) have been looking at the many ideas. She is fond of the above one. However since they are on back order I think I will have to wait.
I will be the first to admit I found the right woman the second time around, even better she hates wasting money on flowers, and would prefer me to cook her a nice home cooked meal.

I have considered the cooli-dor however not sure how it would look in our apartment living room. LOL. She likes the nicer looking humidors.

Two things I've learned. When going out, and taking cigars with you; always take more than you think you'll need, and always buy a humidor 4 times larger than you think you really need. :laugh:

BBS's humidor is sexy.

Two things I've learned. When going out, and taking cigars with you; always take more than you think you'll need, and always buy a humidor 4 times larger than you think you really need. :laugh:

BBS's humidor is sexy.
Sexy but very expensive. I have a custom Aristocrat plus, a little smaller than BBS and I know what I paid. Sure, if you can afford it then it's wonderful to have.
I also have a 4 door 200 box humidor that cost me half the price and retains RH all round far better than the Aristocrat.

Aesthetically, great to have fancy humidors. Functionality and cost effective, get some coolidors.

Brian

Yeah, wait 'til she suggests you build a Man Cave/smoking room, then you will really think she is nuts!