• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Wineador Adventure. Musings & Problems.

I'd get some thin dishes, like a petri dish, and then get some low tox antifreeze (propylene glycol) and put some of those in there. PG will self regulate to about 65%, should help a bunch.

I also have a cyber cool just put my draws in and have distilled water in shot glasses rh seems quite good 3rd day sitting on 69% all hyrgometers reading the same I have seasoning packs in there , and around 4 pounds plus bovedas waiting to go in so far so good

I seem to be a little late to this conversation...but in reading your post so far, the best advice I could offer you as a 40+ year cigar smoker is to try one of two things.

1) Ritalin
or
2) Xanax

I thought Ritalin in adults was like doing a line of coke???

I thought Ritalin in adults was like doing a line of coke???
I had an employee who was on it. He was a handful. For instance, he would get some wild, boneheaded, idea, come in after hours, and then spend all night adding details and notes, etc. to all the drawings in a package. I'd find him sleeping at his desk in the morning. And I mean EVERY drawing (say a $300k pkg). So, if the idea was in the "Mechanical" arena, he would add crap to the "Electricals" as well.

I had an employee who was on it. He was a handful. For instance, he would get some wild, boneheaded, idea, come in after hours, and then spend all night adding details and notes, etc. to all the drawings in a package. I'd find him sleeping at his desk in the morning. And I mean EVERY drawing (say a $300k pkg). So, if the idea was in the "Mechanical" arena, he would add crap to the "Electricals" as well.

Ah yes. That sounds just like coke....
Worked with a guy that fell into that mess, he got all paranoid, jumped in his truck and hopped on I-10. He drove west from Houston and got sober somewhere on the other end of Arizona.

I don't like being out of control, no way I could use something like that.

I seem to be a little late to this conversation...but in reading your post so far, the best advice I could offer you as a 40+ year cigar smoker is to try one of two things.

1) Ritalin
or
2) Xanax

Can either help him hear better? Because I think his primary issue is selective hearing... :D :D :D

Update:
The story up until that point above was the humidity was holding ok I wasn't pleased and I basically stopped caring. It was winter and the humidity was in the acceptable range for me (62 - 68). Temperature was fine due to an external temperature controller.

Along comes summer and the unit cools a lot more often, and with just beads (because the oasis is crap) humidity was dropping into the 50's. Fans running, beads everywhere, Bovedas also there.
I removed some Boveda's and beads, and it helped a little...

I had some 7L Sistema's for storage reasons and I also had 3 SC shelves that you buy for about $15. I see people using these as tupperdors. As they have a nice seal around it I had the bright idea of shoving in the SC shelves, put beads in and shove it in the cooler.
it worked! Humidity has been fine, I've been looking at it regularly, the temperature is great, the humidity is rock solid at 65 - 67% RH.

I totally gave up trying to make a TE Cooler humidor work. So as I grow my selection, more Tupperware will follow. The wire shelves will go in the cooler, and Tupperware will sit on it.
This is due to summer making the cooler run more often, and Australia's electricity costs too high to make running an air conditioner 24/7 un-economical unless you're super rich. Electricity prices for us is at least $10/day without the air conditioner running.

I really would have liked to have gotten the wine cooler working without having to get Tupperware in it. But my skills are limited to hot glue, wooden dowels, and Velcro.
But I can't. Tupperware works, and the cooler works. Humidity and temperature absolutely fine. Hasa diga eebowai.