• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NASCAR Joke

camaroon4me

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!&quo
Why there aren't more blacks in NASCAR
10) YOU HAVE TO SIT UPRIGHT AND LOOK OVER THE TOP OF THE STEERING WHEEL.

9) THERE IS NO MIDDLE OF THE SEAT TO SLOUCH ON.

8) HANDGUNS WON'T STAY UNDER THE FRONT SEAT.

7) ENGINES DROWN OUT THE SOUND OF RAP MUSIC.

6) YOU CAN'T STOP ON THE TRACK WITH YOUR DOOR OPEN TO VISIT A BRO.

5) PIT CREWS CAN'T WORK ON THE CAR AND HOLD UP THEIR PANTS AT THE SAME TIME.

4) THERE IS NO REAR PASSENGER SEAT FOR THE 'HO'.

3) CADILLAC DOES NOT SPONSOR CARS OR DRIVERS.

2) YOU CAN'T WEAR YOUR HELMET SIDEWAYS.

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN NASCAR:

1) YOU CAN'T BAIL OUT AND RUN FROM THE SCENE OF A CRASH.

As a side note, I think it would be nice to have a "sports" forum! Now I know some of you are going to say "NASCAR is not a sport", but regardless, I think we should have a forum special for all of the sports nuts among us. Just a nice way to keep all the sports threads organized.

JV

You weren't thinkin' of home when you posted that, were you? (I know I could picture home...)

-K-

Treamayne said:
You weren't thinkin' of home when you posted that, were you? (I know I could picture home...)

-K-
[snapback]173902[/snapback]​

UNFORTUNATELY, Karl, EVERY single item strikes a cord with "Home", or more properly........ a few miles south. Although,it is creeping it's way north, and also has expanded to the ignorant white youngsters as well. :rolleyes:

I thought the one about the pants was really on target. The other day my wife was at a Taco Bell, and she helped a young knucklehead fill out a job application. His pants were half way down his a$$, and she told him "I dont think you are going to be able to make taco's while holding your pants up"! :laugh:

5) PIT CREWS CAN'T WORK ON THE CAR AND HOLD UP THEIR PANTS AT THE SAME TIME.

I was always a fan of the way they wear their pants, made it easier to catch them. ;)

As a side note, I think it would be nice to have a "sports" forum! Now I know some of you are going to say "NASCAR is not a sport", but regardless, I think we should have a forum special for all of the sports nuts among us. Just a nice way to keep all the sports threads organized.

That would be a great idea. Anybody who says NASCAR is not a sport should sit in one of those cars for 10 laps. I did that at the Richard Petty Driving Experience and have a whole different outlook on the sport.

P.S. Great joke..... :laugh:

Racist, but something Chris Rock would put in his routine so I am all for it.

:thumbs:

Lumberg said:

[snapback]173939[/snapback]​

And like John said - it's not a color thing any more. Actually, it never really was, since 15 yrs ago when I was in school we had the same type of thing and 75% of our school's non-blck community was what was then termed "Whigger."[1]

You could alter the joke to read "Urban youth" instead of "Blacks" and it would ring just as true (and funny).

-K-

[1] - relating facts, no offense intended. PM if you actually don't recognize this term and care what it is.

A joke is a joke and that's what it is. It's funny how the general public take sides on such a type of joke, mainly depending on which side it comes from - WHO CARES---Everyone has their own opinion and "spin" on affairs; therefore, I have to say that I'm on board with Stogieman :p :thumbs: :p

Lumberg said:

[snapback]173939[/snapback]​

I realize I was taking a risk posting this, but seeing as I received it from my black friend who happens to be a die hard Jeff Gordon fan, if it was ok for him, its ok for the rest of us. :D

Was there a joke here ? :whistling:

How can ya'all see my spinners at 190mph..
I got the Dub Duece spinners so even when I stop I'm still ROOOOLLIN :p

Wendell Scott was involved in what NASCAR admits is probably the most shameful moment in its history.

For a decade Wendell Scott dominated the small quarter-mile and three-eighths mile dirt tracks throughout southern Virginia and the Carolinas. In 1959, Scott reached the pinnacle of his career winning the Sportsman championship at Southside Speedway in Richmond and NASCAR’s Virginia State Sportsman championship. In 1961 Scott made the leap from the short tracks of Virginia to the ranks of the NASCAR Grand National Series. The move was hard on the family as the trips became longer and Mary and the six kids came along. In 1963 Wendell Scott became the first African-American to win a NASCAR event at Jacksonville.

However, due to the color of his skin he wasn’t initially awarded the victory. Wendell Scott was two laps in front of the second place car driven by Buck Baker in that event. NASCAR wouldn’t drop the checkered flag fearing a riot if a black man won, so Buck Baker took the checkered flag and enjoyed the celebration and the trophy. Wendell grew enraged at NASCAR’s decision, knowing he had been wrongfully robbed. Scott was awarded the victory a few days later and awarded a trophy a month later in Savannah. It wasn’t the real trophy though; it was hardly more than a stick of wood covered with varnish. No nameplate of nothing. Nothing to signify its significance. Wendell’s son, Franklin, remembers the trouble his father went through because of his race.

http://nascar.scout.com/2/353163.html

http://www.thunderplex.com/project34/history.htm

http://www.motorsportshalloffame.com/hallo..._Scott_main.htm

Figured if we can laugh at the initial joke we can also appreciate the darker and also inspiring side to blacks in NASCAR.

The History Channel did a show on Wendell Scott last month. Well worth seeing if you can catch a rerun sometime.

Lumberg said:
Wendell Scott was involved in what NASCAR admits is probably the most shameful moment in its history.

For a decade Wendell Scott dominated the small quarter-mile and three-eighths mile dirt tracks throughout southern Virginia and the Carolinas. In 1959, Scott reached the pinnacle of his career winning the Sportsman championship at Southside Speedway in Richmond and NASCAR’s Virginia State Sportsman championship. In 1961 Scott made the leap from the short tracks of Virginia to the ranks of the NASCAR Grand National Series. The move was hard on the family as the trips became longer and Mary and the six kids came along. In 1963 Wendell Scott became the first African-American to win a NASCAR event at Jacksonville.

However, due to the color of his skin he wasn’t initially awarded the victory. Wendell Scott was two laps in front of the second place car driven by Buck Baker in that event. NASCAR wouldn’t drop the checkered flag fearing a riot if a black man won, so Buck Baker took the checkered flag and enjoyed the celebration and the trophy. Wendell grew enraged at NASCAR’s decision, knowing he had been wrongfully robbed. Scott was awarded the victory a few days later and awarded a trophy a month later in Savannah. It wasn’t the real trophy though; it was hardly more than a stick of wood covered with varnish. No nameplate of nothing. Nothing to signify its significance. Wendell’s son, Franklin, remembers the trouble his father went through because of his race.

http://nascar.scout.com/2/353163.html

http://www.thunderplex.com/project34/history.htm

http://www.motorsportshalloffame.com/hallo..._Scott_main.htm

Figured if we can laugh at the initial joke we can also appreciate the darker and also inspiring side to blacks in NASCAR.
[snapback]174223[/snapback]​

Thanks Lumberg. Not being a real racing fan I'd have missed out on that bit of history. Kind of a sobering reminder of how it was back in the day.

M. Gipson

Waaaay too touchy of a subject down here so I won't touch the significance of it.

But I did like the joke :D

Heh, pretty funny stuff. Here's another:
"Hittin switches" at 150 mph makes the car act funny.

They spinnin! They spinnin!