• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nasty

LeePitts

I just had the most nasty smoke I have ever tasted. The Cohiba yellow label dominican.I will never do that again. Tasted bad when I lit it and got worse as it went. So the question is when you get a hold of a real dog rocket how long do you play with it. Do you immediately put it out or do you try and give it a chance.

if I am smoking something that I do not like, I don't give it much of a chance. Life's too short to smoke a dog rocket! I got a yard full of 'em anyways...

Seriously, if it is bad enough to make me think about stopping, I stop right then and there- and go pull out an standby to get the taste out of my mouth. PAM, RASS, Anejo, WOAM... mmmm my mouth is watering!

I've heard they're horrible. I have one in the humi, I have no idea where I got it but I respect my fellow BOTL's too much to ever include it in a NST :laugh:

My personal opinion is that if you hate soemthing that bad, put it out. Why related bad memories to something we all enjoy so much. :)

they are indeed terrible. I did not purchase this one. Someone sent it to me with a trade. If anyone would like to experience a real dog rocket just pm me and I will send it your way. It is like the premium dog rocket. It is up there with the white owls. Seriously, if you have someone who always likes to bum a stick from you this will break them.The bad thing about a dog rocket to meis when you realize this thing blows you already have the taste in your mouth so it is takes away from a good smoke if you relight. You anticipate relaxing with a good smoke all day and them you get poop.

Just to be safe I think everyone needs to send me all of your Cohibas for inspection :whistling:
Seriously though, I'll give a rocket about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches. I figure if its not getting better after that then its got no hope.

I've cut them in half and tried again. and I've tossed them at 70 mph.

The problem with dog rockets like this is I'm limited to how many times a day I can smoke, and if I get a dog rocket I'm wasting one of my slots! So, if it looks a little bad, I'll risk it and try to finish, but if it's REALLY bad, chuck it quick and grab something better.

I don't try new cigars often but when I do I'll give them about 2". If it's a rocket I pitch it and grab a new one.

I will not smoke bad tobacco period. If it is not to my liking I toss it pretty quickly.

If the stick is bad enough, I'll toss it after 3 - 4 minutes.

Typically, though, I usually smoke an inch or so just to see if it improves. If it's still bad after that, I toss it and grab something I know that I'll like just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

I usually give 'em 10-15 mintues, I'd guess. I like to burn an inch or so, usually, becasue perhaps a bad light, or a dirty palate, or even some issues with storage (?) could influence the very beginning of the taste. After that, I'll toss it, and grab an ol' standby reliable smoke so I know I'll enjoy myself.

I've been known to trash a cigar after two or three puffs if its nasty.

Funny story about that though, I was out shopping with my wife in the nearest city (has the only cigar shop with-in a 3 hours drive) and ran into my friend Dale and his wife. He says to me "Dude I have something for you!" and hands me a small box of european machine made "Habo Cubanas" I look at him and look at the box and open it. One cigar is missing leaving 4. I replied "So you bought some cigars and think they suck so your giving them to me huh?" His wife started laughing and said "See I told you Shawn would know better." He then said to me "Well yeah they are pretty nasty, but at least try one you might like them." So I said WTH and lit one up. Holy Hanna nasty doesnt even come close to describing these things (BTW 99% of all german / eu made cigars are pretty darn bad) I take 2 puffs walk over to the nearest sewer cover and make it dissapear. lol remind me to buy some Thompson red labels for Dale's birthday... Paypacks a Mofo :p

Oh and I gave the remaining 3 to another friend of ours who thinks Phillies and White Owls are good smokes... He liked them, go figure. :p

Someone gave me a Rocky Patel sungrown and I pithced after 1 inch. It had a vile nasty dirt taste. I have no qualms about tossing a cigar that sucks.

I just had the most nasty smoke I have ever tasted. The Cohiba yellow label dominican.I will never do that again. Tasted bad when I lit it and got worse as it went. So the question is when you get a hold of a real dog rocket how long do you play with it. Do you immediately put it out or do you try and give it a chance.

One of the local shops in my area sells these yellow band dominican Cohibas. A box of 25 for $50. I was extremely rookie and thought that I was getting an amazing deal, even tried to make myself beleive that they were a good smoke. Of the 8-9 that I tried most of them were plugged to the point of unsmokable. I pass them out to friends that don't know enought to care. Terrible cigar.

As far as giving a dog rocket a chance, maybe an inch. Last night I tried a Don Tomas dominican selection, the draw was so tight and it tasted like sour milk. I tossed it at about 1/4 inch.

The Master said:
Someone gave me a Rocky Patel sungrown and I pithced after 1 inch. It had a vile nasty dirt taste. I have no qualms about tossing a cigar that sucks.
[snapback]235165[/snapback]​

Thats a shame... I really like them and I noticed no dirt taste at all.

i usually give them to my pals who don't enjoy cigars, that way if they don't smoke them, it isn't so bad.

Yeah, the one I tried was so plugged also. I got rid of the other. I put it in one of the little ziplock cigar bags and left it on the table at the university. Not sure how long it made it but it was gone about an hour later.

Anymore, a cigar has to get interesting quickly or I pitch it. I'm all for giving a stick some time to open up and bloom a bit, but if after 1" or so it doesn't show any promise, it gets ashed.

Regards - B.B.S.