• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a medium large Humi upgrade =)

gahau

Banned
Hey guys!
I need a new humi =)
I was thinking about getting a cooler and line it... but it looks like it going to be too much work and too much dinero...
I was thinking about getting a 300-400 cts... searched ebay and found a ok one for about 65 shipped...
like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-CAPACITY-300-ct-LUXURY-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-W-4-TRAYS_W0QQitemZ270449730857QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef80f6529&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
is this a good deal? or can I get something like this cheaper elsewhere?
I kinda like humidors with drawers... Anyone know where I can score one of these for cheap ideally around 50 bucks...
Any members wanna get rid of their "small" humi?

Thanks guys

You dont need to line your cooler just get some empty boxes and store your smokes in them that will be more than sufficient!

Several years ago I read a report posted by a seller on eBay that there are humidor vendors on eBay that sell humidors that aren't lined with Spanish Cedar even though they say they are. I'm not sure about the vendor you are looking at and I couldn't find the report.

If you don't have the cash to pick one up off of say CBid then take Nashkickers advice.

Also you may want to avoid one with drawers as they are harder to get a good seal.

I have that humidor empty in my closet that I'll send to you if you cover shipping. It seals for crap, though. Constantly having to add water to the beads. The drawers aren't connected to the area where you store cigars, so that's not the problem. I think the seal is just crap.

I'd recommend a cooler or tupperware container (lock n lock is what I use).

But if you really want it, it's yours. :)

-John

Stay away from that eBay vendor. His are not lined with Spanish cedar and will have a negative effect on your cigars. I have the Lauderdale cabinet humidor. You can find them for about $300.00 online. Great humi for the money and hold upwards of a thousand cigars.

Hey, come on... I'm trying to make a sale here! ???

:p lol...

A cooler is the best thing. Minimal upkeep and you can play tetris also :sign:

Hey, come on... I'm trying to make a sale here! ???

:p lol...

You know....I thought about not posting that as I'd hate to hurt his business. But surely he can find proper spanish cedar from his vendors. And who knows? I may be entirely wrong anyway. ;)

I have that humidor empty in my closet that I'll send to you if you cover shipping. It seals for crap, though. Constantly having to add water to the beads. The drawers aren't connected to the area where you store cigars, so that's not the problem. I think the seal is just crap.

I'd recommend a cooler or tupperware container (lock n lock is what I use).

But if you really want it, it's yours.
smile.gif

-John

I agree with John I had the same one and passed it on.
thumbs-up.gif

Every member will have his or her own opinions on this and it has been debated before. For my 2 cents I will say there is probably not a 300 count humidor for 50 dollars that is worth owning. It is like buying a new car for a grand, all too good to be true.

Go with Los' idea (Nasty) and fill up a cooler with boxes, protect your investments. :thumbs:

=(
alright alright...
I guess I won't be able to be cheap lol
JHolmes763, Thanks for the offer... but if it "leaks" I am going to be pissed. but I really appreciate the offer =)
I will go the extra mile and get either a igloo fridge or a cooler
but what about this one...
Before you guys all yell at the same time, let me tell you guys that my previous one from those guys hold a constant 70% =)

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=75199&parentCategoryId=8389&categoryId=8392&subCategoryId=8392

I like drawers lol one way or another lol

Can only tell you my Vinotemp holds at 67 and I have heartfelt beads running about 68%. The vinotemp is a good deal if you shop it.

....too much work?

• Buy cooler
  • Rinse with very hot water (allows the plastic to outgas some of the plastic smell).
  • Allow to dry with lid open for a day
  • Add boxes of cigars
  • Add beads
  • Close the lid.
  • .....bliss.
No, any remaining plastic smell will not taint your cigars. I had four coolers running before I got my cabinet. If there was an issue, I'd have noticed.

No, you don't have to line the box. Pick up a couple of wood boxes from a local B&M for your singles.

There is no way to acheive quality storage for less money or less work.

B.B.S.