• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a new pair of fishing sunglasses.

drunkfish3

Angry Fish
Looking at the costa del mar man o war 580g with green lenses. Anyone have any experience with Costa? or any other recommendations?

$(KGrHqZHJFUFHLh9k5PoBRzzMpJeGg~~60_3.JPG

hahahaha paul you find the weirdest shit. Anyway I recommend anything polarized from Oakley.

I'm on my 2nd pair of Costa's.  Got the Fisch 580 g's.  I prefer the blue mirror lenses.  Best glasses I've had for off-shore and bright sunny inland fishing.  Cut the glare while driving in inclement weather as well.

I use polarized glasses from LLBean. They have bifocals built in so I can actually see to tie a knot. Very pleased with them.

Costa is the best out there. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Tall Paul said:

LOL

whopper said:
I'm on my 2nd pair of Costa's.  Got the Fisch 580 g's.  I prefer the blue mirror lenses.  Best glasses I've had for off-shore and bright sunny inland fishing.  Cut the glare while driving in inclement weather as well.

I was looking at the Fisch but i like the removable shields on the man o war. I do all inshore fishing so the green seem to be the best lenses for that.

I don't have experience with the Costa's but use Kaenon's when sailing.  Best pair of sunglasses I've owned for being on the water.  They have lots of options for lens and frame sizes.  Check them here.

Gern Blansten said:
I don't have experience with the Costa's but use Kaenon's when sailing.  Best pair of sunglasses I've owned for being on the water.  They have lots of options for lens and frame sizes.  Check them here.
 i have my dad owns a pair they are nice but they don't have a green lens.

whopper said:

BINGO! The blue mirror lens are the sh*t! Been wearing them for years.

They're so good at filtering that you can wear them at night while driving to cut down on headlight glare!

Costa's don't fit me very well.  I have an extra large skull which leaves me with Oakley.  

I just sent in the Costas I do have for repair.  Polarized, blue. (phantom I think) It was $11.95 to look at them and another $11.95 to fix.
I plan on selling them when they get back to me, which could be in 4 weeks, I don't know.

Seamus said:
Costas are nice but I prefer Maui Jims in glass.

I loved the Maui Jims that I had for the past few years but despite the great lenses, the frames were just too weak for me.  Or, more likely, I was too rough on them. 

My polarized Ray Bans are working just fine right now.