• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a really nice desktop humidor

kdross

I would like to purchase a really nice desktop humidor. Budget is $400 or less, but I am willing to spend more if the right deal comes along. I do not mind buying a used humidor since I would get more bang for my buck. I have been looking on ebay and most of the nice units I like are well over $1K. I would love to get an Elie Bleu but i do not have $1,500 or more to spend. Saw I really nice Dunhill Humidor but the seller on ebay canceled the sale yesterday with one day left. Any suggestions? I want to make sure I get a high quaility humidor. Cigar count isn't important nor is size.

Thanks.
Ken

I would like to purchase a really nice desktop humidor. Budget is $400 or less, but I am willing to spend more if the right deal comes along. I do not mind buying a used humidor since I would get more bang for my buck. I have been looking on ebay and most of the nice units I like are well over $1K. I would love to get an Elie Bleu but i do not have $1,500 or more to spend. Saw I really nice Dunhill Humidor but the seller on ebay canceled the sale yesterday with one day left. Any suggestions? I want to make sure I get a high quaility humidor. Cigar count isn't important nor is size.

Thanks.
Ken

Yes, post an intro HERE.

Edit to say: I in no way consider myself to be CP police, and understand that I've not been here long enough to express my opinions when it comes to the rules but I believe it is in bad form to have your first post be a question (that has been answered many times). Many people around here try very hard to keep this a wonderful community and it seems to me that you came to have a question answered without an intention to give back to this wonderful community. If I am wrong I am very sorry and I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

My advice: Get a Vinotemp. (<--- Link to a search of "Vinotemp" here on CP will give you more information than you could ever want :thumbs: )

If a desktop is what you want, you might consider giving Bob Staebell and call and see what he can do. I have one of his cabinets and it's wonderful. Looks like he has several options for you in the price range you are looking to spend.

...and please post an intro. It's the proper way in the door.... ;)

Regards - B.B.S.

Ken, I just recieved a Diamond Crown humidor St James series 160ct that is a work of art and built like a tank!My girlfriend paid under $400 for it.Nice gift!!!

If a desktop is what you want, you might consider giving Bob Staebell and call and see what he can do. I have one of his cabinets and it's wonderful. Looks like he has several options for you in the price range you are looking to spend.

...and please post an intro. It's the proper way in the door.... ;)

Regards - B.B.S.

Its my understanding that Staebell is selling ONLY cabinets.....

Diamond Crown is a very solid humidor that will fit your budget. If you want to consider going down the road less travelled, check out Daniel Marshall.

I'm in the same boat as you and, like khari, I'm having a hard time overlooking the DC. I'm considering the Savor as well . . . half the price.

I'm considering the Savor as well . . . half the price

I have a Savor that is unused as of right now. It really is a great humidor for the price. Mine is 5 years old and it still seals well. The construction is really top notch on it.