• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice on a nice lighter..

redraider

Whoa Thats Cold
Looking to purchase a nice lighter for one of my employees. He's a long time cigar smoker, and I think will appreciate a nice lighter. I'm looking to spend $200-$300. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Well, IM Corona, old boy, Nice soft flame. I like a soft flame a lot more than a torch. I honestly think it tastes better. The Old Boy is super reliable too. 

Can't recommend any Torch that I've owned with good conscience, except the 4 buck Ronson Jet light, which of course doesn't fill your need, unless you get him a box of Padron, or a super nice Cutter along with it.

I have 3 Xikars, and all have issues, and had them from day one to about 3 months. Nice that they have a lifetime warranty, but I am super busy, and honest to god, getting to the post office is a major pain in the ass for me. Just make them right, charge a fair price, and be done with it, I say.

Thanks for the info. After further research, It looks like a nice DuPont is within my budget. Just not sure to order it off eBay or somewhere else.

Well, IM Corona, old boy, Nice soft flame. I like a soft flame a lot more than a torch. I honestly think it tastes better. The Old Boy is super reliable too. 

Can't recommend any Torch that I've owned with good conscience, except the 4 buck Ronson Jet light, which of course doesn't fill your need, unless you get him a box of Padron, or a super nice Cutter along with it.

I have 3 Xikars, and all have issues, and had them from day one to about 3 months. Nice that they have a lifetime warranty, but I am super busy, and honest to god, getting to the post office is a major pain in the ass for me. Just make them right, charge a fair price, and be done with it, I say.
This is well put and I couldn't agree more about Xikar. The guarantee is worthless if is a POS to begin with.

Lighterusa.com has a CP special. Their info is pinned in the retailers forum.

ST Duponts would appear to be in your price range, I wouldn't order something like that off eBay though.

CMontoya79 said:
ST Duponts would appear to be in your price range, I wouldn't order something like that off eBay though.
I totally agree with Caesar.

ChasingAsh said:

Not sure about elighters but Lighterusa.com is throwing in a 5% discount for us here.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/73582-lighterusacom-cigarpass-member-special/?hl=lighterusa.com

I've had good experiences with elighters and would consider them to be reputable.  You may want to check out lighterusa.com as mentioned above to get the 5% discount...if it makes a difference to you.  

thechenman said:
Not sure about elighters but Lighterusa.com is throwing in a 5% discount for us here.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/73582-lighterusacom-cigarpass-member-special/?hl=lighterusa.com
I've had good experiences with elighters and would consider them to be reputable.  You may want to check out lighterusa.com as mentioned above to get the 5% discount...if it makes a difference to you.

They where higher priced and did not have the model I was looking for. I am always happy to support vendors that support the site though. If they had the model I wanted, I would have purchased it from them. I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

Get him a $3 Ronson with some extra fuel and a $250 bottle of booze.

The remainder of the $300 can be for cab fare home!

I totally agree with Caesar.

Agreed...fake Duponts abound on eBay.
Where else would you buy a real, not made in China, ST DuPont? All the new ones are made in China. So that leaves the only place to buy one made in France...

...on the bay.

I would PM Keystone Raider or one of the other vendors here on the board. If they can't help you I would look for one at a local B&M. 

suprchunk said:

ST Duponts would appear to be in your price range, I wouldn't order something like that off eBay though.I totally agree with Caesar. Agreed...fake Duponts abound on eBay.
Where else would you buy a real, not made in China, ST DuPont? All the new ones are made in China. So that leaves the only place to buy one made in France...

...on the bay.

Let the buyer beware is all I'm really saying...odds are the ST Dupont you buy that's stamped made in France is actually made in China...and not one of the newer ST Duponts being made in China.

I Gree with a bunch of the other brother... DuPont is the way to go especially if you looking to make an impression. Just go with a repute retailer so u don't et a fake.