• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Advice

Tdfarls1103

I was hoping for some advice. Im not an extremely experienced nor novice smoker. Usually I smoke more full bodied cigars in the CAO Italia or MX2. However I am going on a golf trip down south and wanted some input on quality cigars that are long smokes and that are mild-medium bodied. I am looking to spend under $20 per cigar. Can you provide some insight/suggestions? The cigars will mostly be smoked during the morning as thats when we play. I heard good things about the CAO Gold Double Corona, but would like others input on other good cigars. Thanks

You are going to get tarred and feathered if you don't make an introductory post in the "Introduce Yourself" Section. Your stay will be much more enjoyable.

Now, I would suggest a Davidoff #1.

My own personal preferences are just about anything Fuente, but also a Padron 3000. It's a solid medium smoke for about $4 or less.

I'll second the recommendation of Fuentes and Padrons. Also, the La Gloria Cubana line is affordable, and delivers good quality for the $$$. Try the Churchills - they last me 9 holes on the course, and sell for less than $80 for a box of 25.

Montecristo Classic churchill is what I think your looking for. The Davidoff is a good choice also.

Doc.

Patel Connecticuts are pretty tasty and mild / medium.. or if ya want to go REAL tasty, check out Arturo Fuente Hemingways... mmmmmm

Im still up for more suggestions, however I recently picked up 2 Arturo Fuente Double Chateau's which seem like solid cigars for the price. I also went an got a CAO Cameroon cigar so far.

Fuente Double Chateau or Royal Salute - maybe some CT-wrapped and some sungrown.

Don't limit yourself to just a large smoke for golf.

There are times I enjoy 2 or 3 smaller ones through out a round.

How long is the trip?

A vendor on line has some aged CAO gold Maduro. He is selling 6 packs. They taste great, burn nicely, and he had some nice double corona/churchill type sizes. Other than that, any smoke that you knw burns slowly and evenly. In my experience, that would be Large format Padron or Fuente.

Has anyone smoked the CAO Cameroon? I bought one and havent smoked it yet, but the smell is amazing. Any thoughts?

I've smoked CAO cameroon. I think they are a good smoke. Mild to light side of medium for me. I don't like Cameroon cigars in cold/cool or windy conditions. Thicker wrapper more resilient, and burns nice and slow.

Fair cigar. If you want a better cameroon, get any vitola of the Fuente Don Carlos series.

Im going to have to try that. To be honest, I wasnt aware that Fuente made Cameroon cigars, looks like thats another i will have to try