• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need an opinion on this

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
A friend of mine went to Aruba and was nice enough to bring me back a few RyJ Coronitas en cedro's. they purchased them from a lady in the resort they stayed at,and made the claim of genuine.
we fired one up the other night and it was pretty good tasting.All the posts i have read indicate most are fake in Aruba and i have ony had 2-3 RyJ's (real deals) in my entire life, so i am not sure of what this cigar should look like. attached are some pics, can i get someone with a little mre experience in ISOM than I to give me an educated opinion. thanks in advance
47587641-S-1.jpg

47587758-S-1.jpg

47587833-M-1.jpg

full size images are at My Smugmug galleries

i'm no expert, but look at the gold coins, they should be well defined. fakes are flat, poor embossed coins.

i gotta say looks good to me. :thumbs:

Can't comment on your smokes, but it's obvious with cigars like these that cedar w/label can be slipped off genuine article (which has been smoked) and reused on fakes of similar size. Proof is in the tasting.

Moncoeur said:
Can't comment on your smokes, but it's obvious with cigars like these that cedar w/label can be slipped off genuine article (which has been smoked) and reused on fakes of similar size. Proof is in the tasting.
[snapback]260812[/snapback]​

Exactly..... all that can be argued with your photos is if the band or cedar wrapping is legit. LOL

If your cigar was bought from "a lady" in Aruba I would suspect it is fake.... doesn't mean it is just extremely suspect. Smoke it and be done with it.

Know your source.