• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

need help choosing between wine coolers

gljvd

link 2link 1Okay , I've been smoking cigars for almost 11 years and I've now given up on using desktop humidors. I want to get a small wine cooler as I never have more than 50 or so cigars in storage at once. I have a 3 month old niece and a 2 year old nephew who are allways over so I just try to smoke a little in the warmer months here in New Jersey. I want to get something small so I was looking a few diffrent ones. Since my gf gave me the go ahead i might as well get it done.

link 1

link 2link 1

link 3

Anyway I wnat to get something small as we just have a 2 bedroom condo and 1 of the bedrooms is an office which is where I'd keep it. I will go bigger when we buy a house in the future and if this is till working i'd use it for actual wine !

I figured I'd get cedar trays for it and get heartfelt beads.

Any help would be great

I don't have either of those but I'd stray away from something that was rated at only 2 out of 5 out of 43 reviews.

Since Wal Mart is an evil corporation I wouldn't buy anything from them either. :whistling:

If I were going to spend $100 on a wine cooler, I'd try and stretch it to $200 and get something a little larger. That way, you could use it for smokes and cigars when you want and the footprint isn't that much larger.

Something like this Vinotemp, reputable brand and highly rated

Or, have you looked into making a coolidor? It doesn't entail much, just buy a cooler, clean it out and start putting cigars in there. Cheap and effective.

The problem with the vinotemps are the high its just a bit to tall for where we'd put it under a desk .

What do you think of the last one i linked too. I don't have to buy it at walmart a local wine store has them

I read that wrong...I was about ready to respond with the fact that I don't drink that crap...just beer...but to each is own :sign:

I would have to say go a little bigger then the 8bottle. You will be happy later. Or follow the above advise and look into a coolidor...

Its always better to go bigger. When you put in the Heartfelt beads, they do take up space. Even in my 3k stick humidor I have 1 lb of the beads and they do take up a good chunk of space due to them laying down flat. I have a better humidification system than the beads but I figured the beads up at the top is a huge asset. They are from my coolidor that I no longer need since the big humidor is in my bedroom.

You think you will never have more than 50 cigars now. Later on that will change. I used to buy singles. Then I got a desktop humidor that is in a new home. Then the 3k humidor. I increased the amount of cigars I have over the years. Sad part is this...my 3k stick humidor is to small for what I need. :laugh:

i've been smoking for awhile now and i've never gone past 50 the amount of money i have set aside for cigars is very small. Saving for a ring and then a wedding and a house leaves some things to the way side . So i wouldn't be able to go bigger for quite a while .

Its always better to go bigger. When you put in the Heartfelt beads, they do take up space. Even in my 3k stick humidor I have 1 lb of the beads and they do take up a good chunk of space due to them laying down flat. I have a better humidification system than the beads but I figured the beads up at the top is a huge asset. They are from my coolidor that I no longer need since the big humidor is in my bedroom.

You think you will never have more than 50 cigars now. Later on that will change. I used to buy singles. Then I got a desktop humidor that is in a new home. Then the 3k humidor. I increased the amount of cigars I have over the years. Sad part is this...my 3k stick humidor is to small for what I need. :laugh:

Why do you have to have such a big one? Oh I get it nevermind..... :p

Women, cigars, wine coolers.....Go big or go home.