• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help from someone dependable and honest in Miami....

Hey boys!

I have something to be picked up (cigars) for me in Miami, but I obviously live in Montreal and the guy doesn't want to ship international....

I would need the helping hand of a fellow CP member to pick the cigars up for me, and ship them my way.

I would obviously pay shipping and gas, or send something your way to compensate.... If willing to help, contact me via PM...

Thanks alot,

Gianni

giannilibrizzi said:
Hey boys!

I have something to be picked up (cigars) for me in Miami, but I obviously live in Montreal and the guy doesn't want to ship international....

I would need the helping hand of a fellow CP member to pick the cigars up for me, and ship them my way.

I would obviously pay shipping and gas, or send something your way to compensate.... If willing to help, contact me via PM...

Thanks alot,

Gianni

Did you just come back to CP for favors? Seems off to me. 

Just me,but maybe just maybe your request is bad form. Just maybe?

Wow..... Actually I just learned today about this, and tought I should ask....which I did, nicely, and proposed to pay gas and whatever expense necessary.... So obviously I didn't just come back for that since that cigar pickup thing came to be with info I got here, since my return...

If it is considered in bad taste, or inadequate, I am really sorry about that, I didn't think it would be received in such a negative way... I asked, didn't impose anything on anyone...

BTW, yes, it is a legal transaction, but no need to explain here, since I will take that request off and ask moderators to delete the post... If you think I have enough free time to reintegrated Cigar Pass "just" so to ask someone to pick a 5 pack of cigars for me in Miami, when I have about 2000 cigars at home, you are dead wrong. If I needed these 5 cigars, it was for a very specific reason I would have explained in details to the potential person who would have offered his help....

Funny thing is that the day I came back here, I introduced myself again thinking it would be the right thing to do, and immediatly received PM´s asking questions and informations.... I answered nicely and was happy about the welcome... Funny thing, also, is that if someone one day comes to Montreal and needs help, info, or whatever, I'd help....

You guys are a little quick on judging others, and assuming bad intentions on people.....

Too bad

It's kinda like walking into a place ya haven't been in a bit with a mysterious shiny suitcase and saying.... Hey, I got a business proposition for one lucky bastid! Just raises the spidy sense (warning systems) a bit. It probably shouldn't be one of the first things you post. Moderators don't delete anything here at CP.

If anyone wants to take ya up on your offer than it's caveat emptor.

I'm sure you're a great person, and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I would say lets meet up and have a smoke.

Step back, breathe a second, welcome back to CP, and enjoy the ride.

It is after all the friendliest cigar board on the planet!

Happy smoking.

C

CMontoya79 said:
Step back, breathe a second, welcome back to CP, and enjoy the ride.
Well put C.

Gianni... As C also stated... We do not delete content around here. Leave it there for others to see and learn.

I can't help from Ohio... but it's possible someone might be willing.

Like I said, and I understand if it is not usually done here to delete posts, but I take back my request for help since it doesn't seem to have been received the right way. I'll see if I can manage to have this done another way, or just abandon the project and call it my lost.... If instead of making me look bad you would have asked for details, either in PM or on the board, I may have had a chance to explain....

I do not need to step back and breathe a second, since I am not either angry or frustrated... A little lost and not totally understanding the situation maybe...Just the fact that you would write that is a little quick to judge, and kinda makes me look like an ass...when after all I basically just nicely asked for help....nicely.

I also think, like I said in my first response, that you guys were a little quick to judge. English is neither my first or my second language, but my third one, and it may have played a role in the matter.... I don't know.

Well, like I said, no harm done, we'll see how things go....

Gianni

Ps: BTW, caveat emptor, for a person nicely asking for a helping hand, hardly the nicest way to put it....

Gianni,

If you understood the culture, what you asked is something that is typically nefarious. The fact that you were not specific, only adds to that "impression".
I doubt that anybody thinks you're an ass. That said, please try to understand that it is not commonly done, especially with strangers.
If we knew you better and you stated that it was legal, but something you were trying to surprise someone with, etc, it would "seem" less risky or inappropriate.
Some folks get angry in that sort of situation, i.e., a person they don't know asking for favors in what appears to be vague, possibly illegal, etc.
That is human nature, and you're always going to get a mix of reactions from folks in a public forum. BUT, a lot of what is done here has proven to make CP the safest cigar forum on the internet. Participate if you wish, let us all get to know you, learn the culture, the hows and whys, and I think you'll see things in a different light.

You sign up in 2006 and have a total of 76 posts(around 10 are recent, with 3 being in this thread alone).  It's 2015, so that's around 9 posts a year, which doesn't equate in my book to being active.

You came back/introduced yourself again, asked for a favor and people called you out for it.  Not a true participation intent, at least in my eyes.  I'd bet once you get your mule, to ship your cigars, you'd be gone again.

Again, just my assumption/guess.

Thanks for the answer, and a polite and wise one at that, MadMonk....

I beleive, after the fact, that it would have been wise to add details as to make people feel comfortable and safe about my request... Mea Culpa as they say.

But honestly, If I were to feel something weird about the way something is being asked, I wouldn't aswer the way I was answered, making the guy look bad, as I was. Maybe it´s just me, but I'd ask details, and give the guy a chance... Basically, I offered those details, via PM, to the ones who would contact me....

I participate in other forums, either cigar or pipe related, and usually the written or unwritten rules are the same: introduce yourself first, don't just register to sell something, don't just register to plug your company, don't discuss any sources (on some sites). I didn't ever come by a forum that says you can't ask for a helping hand before that many posts, or before that many weeks of coming back.... And honestly, just stating that I may have come back to CP just for that is just wrong...

To me, this is "case closed", but not as a complaint but a suggestion, coming out like that to a guy asking for help may not have been that smoothest move neither. Maybe....just maybe.

bfreebern said:
You sign up in 2006 and have a total of 76 posts(around 10 are recent, with 3 being in this thread alone).  It's 2015, so that's around 9 posts a year, which doesn't equate in my book to being active.

You came back/introduced yourself again, asked for a favor and people called you out for it.  Not a true participation intent, at least in my eyes.  I'd bet once you get your mule, to ship your cigars, you'd be gone again.

Again, just my assumption/guess.
There you go, assuming, judging, claiming.... Basically, you have no idea who I am and why I ask, and basically call me a profiteer and make me look bad, making me look like I have bad intentions when I really don't.

Hardly the friendliest place to hang around..... For me at least....Case closed for me, keep on flaming if you will.... I politely asked for help, maybe in a clumsy manner I now realize, and now I am being called out and insulted. Not what I had in mind when I came back out and introduced myself again....

Theorize all you want with your mathematical skills and calculations. Since 2006 I haven't been commenting, answering, may you say actively participating, but I have been reading every week keeping me up to date...

As to assuming I would have been gone once I would have had my "mule" ship me the cigars, that is just uncalled for and a quick judgement, that I honestly do not deserve.

Gianni

Ps: if ever you or any of you come to Montreal, contact me via PM, we'll meet, I'll offer you a cigar, and you'll see I am not the person you think/assume/guess I am.

Subject: Legal Appointment As Next of Kin.
To: giannilibrizzi

My Dear Friend,
My name is Mr. BlindedByScience, I am a senior partner (Attorney) in the firm of Gettem, Gorem, and Howe: Private Investigators, Security Consultants and Financial Managers. We are conducting a standard process investigation / recommendation on behalf of African Development Bank (ADB), The African Continental Banking Conglomerate.

This investigation involves a client who shares the same surname with you and also the circumstances surrounding investments made by this client at ADB Gold Account, the Private Banking arm of ADB. The ADB Private Banking client died intestate and nominated no successor in title over the investments made with the bank amounting to over US9.5 Million.

The essence of this communication with you is to request that you provide us information/comments on any or all of the four issues as regards nominating you to inherit the fund left behind by this client. You are therefore being contacted to be legally nominated as next of kin (inheritor) to this client after all enquiries and investigation has yielded results showing that there is no known next of kin. You are required therefore to answer this questions to enable us make our recommendation.

1-Are you aware of any relative/relation born on the 2nd of February 1951, who shares your same name whose last known contact address was West Africa?

2-Are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by such a person at the Private Banking Division of ADB Bank PLC?

3-Can you confirm your willingness to accept this inheritance if you are legally and legitimately nominated and approved to stand as inheritor to this huge investment in regards to the bank account with ADB?

4-Would you agree to donate part of this inheritance to charity if you are officially approved to stand as the inheritor? It is pertinent that you inform us ASAP whether or not you are familiar with this personality or and your interest towards the issues mentioned.

You must appreciate that we are constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point. Please respond to this mail as soon as possible to afford us the opportunity to provide you with more information on this investigation and recommendation.

Thank you for accommodating our enquiry.

Mr. BlindedByScience

For: The Law Firm of Gettem, Gorem, and Howe.

Abuja West Africa

Gianni, you seem like a cool guy. But calm down. Your or anyone's participation on other forums means nothing here. I say this in the most polite way. Sparse activity here usually causes warning flags to be raised. I hope you understand that you are most welcome here, and if your intentions are good, that will demonstrate itself over time. again, would you walk into a bar full of strangers and offer up a business proposition? It would sound completely like one of those infamous Nigerian prince scams, you know like the ones you get in email spam asking you to split an inheritance, lottery winnings or money in a bank account?

You seem like a smart dude Gianni. Don't take it personal.

C
Tom. BBS hit the nail on the hammer Gianni.

Just raises red flags (warnings/suspicious)

Nothing personal.

CMontoya79 said:
Gianni, you seem like a cool guy. But calm down. Your or anyone's participation on other forums means nothing here. I say this in the most polite way. Sparse activity here usually causes warning flags to be raised. I hope you understand that you are most welcome here, and if your intentions are good, that will demonstrate itself over time. again, would you walk into a bar full of strangers and offer up a business proposition? It would sound completely like one of those infamous Nigerian prince scams, you know like the ones you get in email spam asking you to split an inheritance, lottery winnings or money in a bank account?
You seem like a smart dude Gianni. Don't take it personal.
C Tom. BBS hit the nail on the hammer Gianni.
Just raises red flags (warnings/suspicious)
Nothing personal.
Thanks for that answer, truely apreciated.

I understand your points, and take note. But, honestly, how can i not take personal the comments made, the way I am ridiculed by some posts like the one above yours? I am a cool guy, and accept the fact that my demand was, clumsy. Mea culpa.

But the fact that I am being called a profiteer, that I am being ridiculed and that Blindedbyscience pastes my username in a scam letter is just wrong....

Hard not to take that personnal....
BlindedByScience said:
Subject: Legal Appointment As Next of Kin.From: BlindedByScience. 
To: giannilibrizziMy Dear Friend,My name is Mr. BlindedByScience, I am a senior partner (Attorney) in the firm of Gettem, Gorem, and Howe: Private Investigators, Security Consultants and Financial Managers. We are conducting a standard process investigation / recommendation on behalf of African Development Bank (ADB), The African Continental Banking Conglomerate.This investigation involves a client who shares the same surname with you and also the circumstances surrounding investments made by this client at ADB Gold Account, the Private Banking arm of ADB. The ADB Private Banking client died intestate and nominated no successor in title over the investments made with the bank amounting to over US9.5 Million.The essence of this communication with you is to request that you provide us information/comments on any or all of the four issues as regards nominating you to inherit the fund left behind by this client. You are therefore being contacted to be legally nominated as next of kin (inheritor) to this client after all enquiries and investigation has yielded results showing that there is no known next of kin. You are required therefore to answer this questions to enable us make our recommendation.1-Are you aware of any relative/relation born on the 2nd of February 1951, who shares your same name whose last known contact address was West Africa?2-Are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by such a person at the Private Banking Division of ADB Bank PLC?3-Can you confirm your willingness to accept this inheritance if you are legally and legitimately nominated and approved to stand as inheritor to this huge investment in regards to the bank account with ADB?4-Would you agree to donate part of this inheritance to charity if you are officially approved to stand as the inheritor? It is pertinent that you inform us ASAP whether or not you are familiar with this personality or and your interest towards the issues mentioned.You must appreciate that we are constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point. Please respond to this mail as soon as possible to afford us the opportunity to provide you with more information on this investigation and recommendation.

Thank you for accommodating our enquiry.Mr. BlindedByScienceFor: The Law Firm of Gettem, Gorem, and Howe.Abuja West Africa
My point exactly...

It's meant to show you an example of just how odd your request was, I'm sure there was zero malice behind it. It is just not the sort of thing that is usually requested by active members, let alone members who make sparse appearances.

Duly noted....

Like I said, to me this is case closed. I will abandon the project, and leave it at that.

Won't be asking for help any time soon, but continue to offer mine if needed.

Gianni

Ps: hard to believe there is no malice behind putting my name in a scam letter....

I never called you a profiteer, sheesh.  You want someone to mule cigars for you and once the trade is over, you'll disappear again.  It's just a little coincidental that you re-introduce yourself, 2 days before you ask someone to do you a favor.  That's red flags.  We're protective of this forum, it's a place where we've all made close friends.  We don't want people coming in, using us for their benefit, then leaving.

If you had participated on the board, traded with people and contributed to discussions........this would be over and done with already. 

Did I miss an apology, or has this maple syrup guzzler not realized what he's done?

bfreebern said:
I never called you a profiteer, sheesh.  You want someone to mule cigars for you and once the trade is over, you'll disappear again.  It's just a little coincidental that you re-introduce yourself, 2 days before you ask someone to do you a favor.  That's red flags.  We're protective of this forum, it's a place where we've all made close friends.  We don't want people coming in, using us for their benefit, then leaving.

If you had participated on the board, traded with people and contributed to discussions........this would be over and done with already.
Never called me a profiteer, but you just described me as so in your answer, that just goes to show. You assume I would have just taken advantage of the help, and left....and for that you treat me as so.... Read your post, and tell me you are bos describing me as a profiteer?