• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help from someone dependable and honest in Miami....

emoshun said:
Did I miss an apology, or has this maple syrup guzzler not realized what he's done?
You didn't miss an apology, as I haven't made one. I said that I expressed myself in the wrong way, and that I took note of the constructive and polite comments made here. That I realized timing was weird but it just was how it came to be, that´s it. I closed the case, for me, and even told the person who kindly offered to help, via PM, that I apreciated it but would leave it as is, and take it as my loss....

So I obviously realized not what I have done, as what I have done is nicely ask for help and doesn't require an apology, but that the way it was phrased and asked was inadequate and considered not cool here...

That being said, you still feel the urge to insult and ridicule me calling me a "maple syrup guzzler".

Are you benefiting, if someone helps you out?  Yes.  Are you profiteering from YOU paying someone to help and you in turn getting what you want?  NO.

Is your definition of profiting, being helped/assisted by others?  To me, in order for someone to be a profiteer, they would have to take more than they are giving.  Without this trade being completed, I have no idea if you're a profiteer or not. 

And yet you assume / guess that once I get my way I won't be seen here ever again....

What would you call that, for lack of a more precise therm as profiteering? You assume that once I get my way, and be helped by a fellow BOTL, I will leave, never be back, and never return the favor to anybody else since I won't be back. So to this fellow BOTL I wouldn't be a profiteer, but to the CP community, yes.

How can we ever miss you, Gianni , if you won't go away?
Is the "case closed", or are you going to continue to complain about how you feel mistreated and misrepresented on this forum after 4.5 years of silence?

giannilibrizzi said:
My point exactly...

giannilibrizzi said:
Ps: hard to believe there is no malice behind putting my name in a scam letter....

Get over it.  Your behavior is highly suspect.  You may be the most honest and nicest guy in the world, but how do we know?  Not like you actively participate in the community, right?  And, it's not like we've never seen scammers cruise through here.  So you got teased a little.....deal with it.

Depends if people still feel the urge to keep on insulting me when I try to make things right..

You do make a good point, though, that this will be the last comment I make on this particular thread. I'll go out, have a beer and see what's up.

Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs, learned a valid point today, and will leave it at that...

giannilibrizzi said:
Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs, learned a valid point today, and will leave it at that...

I was waiting on when that line would be used.  Typical.

The whole point is pretty simple. Thread title reads "Need help from someone dependable and honest." You've been back two days...we don't know if you are "dependable and honest." More so honest because regardless of the circumstances you would send your end first.

What we mean by asking questions (yes...you started off saying I judged your character...I asked a question) is because up to this point, it's not been said what you needed except to PM you with questions. That's not how we doing things here...transactions are posted where you state your up front price. It keeps everything on the up and up and that's how profiteering is avoided. I didn't see an accusation of profiteering, but more so questions as to what you were trying to accomplish. If it's so innocent, there's really no excuse as to why it can't be posted. 

Understand that the membership here protects its own. There's two courses of action...put this behind you and whether you agree or not, understand that it's seen as bad form, or, as we've seen many times, flame out. If you choose the former you stand to make some really cool friends that have your back...the latter and you become part of a statistic. Many members, including myself, have been put through the ringer at one point or another...it's something easy to overcome but understand that this forum is a family and since we protect our own, it's nothing personal.

I think you resumed it pretty well, and I duly noted alot of things in your answer. I never intented to sound shady, or to ask someone I do not know personnally to help me with something illegal.... I basicalky needed someone to help me pickup a 5 pack of cigars and ship them to me, because for some reason the person who got them for me wasn't at ease to ship them himself, even if I told him it was legal to do so, and worst case scenario I would have to pay duties on it.

To be fair, for the price I would have paid for gas, and shipping, it made no sense, but they were a gift, so I tought I would try to ask....

I really am not a mean spirited person, I usually end up getting screwed for being too generous, and end up with less than the rest of the guys. I know you guys don't know that, and that an active participation would have proved myself beforehand. But that's just the way and the timing things presented themselves... I honestly would have loved to keep on being active since my subscription, but life happened, shit happened, alot of shit happened, and i just couldn't. Things cleared up and now I am able to have some free time, and I am able to be here and participate.

I do not intend to be "part of the statistic" like you said, and flame out. I cannot garantee I'll be here every day neither. I'll just try to help out and be as present as possible, taking into account I have little time to myself. If my request for help offended anyone it was obviously not my intention.

Hope this helps clear out things, and we'll be able to carry on....

Have a great one,

Gianni