• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help getting Opus into my B&M they can't get them

RoguePuffer

Hey guys,

I was talking with my B&M yesterday about what she has on the shelves and the topic of OPUS came up. I suggested that she get some pussycats or anything realy. She said that she often puts a box or two on her order sheets and never gets any. so does anyone have a connection to a wholesaler that will actually sell and ship them? I would realy like to help my B&M out so your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure one of our retailers has better info than I do, but I believe a B&M can only get an Opus account directly through Fuente, and then they have to carry so many other Fuente products for a long period of time, etc. before they can get an account. I've heard talk that there is a waiting list, or only a limited number of Opus accounts to be had.

Then again I could be wrong. PM tomthirtysix for the correct answers. He's never wrong. :laugh:

The shop has to get it from Fuente and there is several things that need to be met as a requirements. Not an easy account to get.

Is she a Fuente Dealer?

What does her Fuente rep say?

As for the 'Opus Account', I thought that was the case...then told differently.

As for a 'wholesaler'...she needs to speak with Fuente/Newman...they are the wholesaler! ;)

Wholesalers don't get Opus. You have to get them directly from Fuente, as others have already posted. And if I'm not mistaken, you must be a Fuente account for quite a while, before they start sending you Opus. If I were her, I'd speak with her Fuente rep.

From what I understand, from a fella who has one of the oldest Fuente accounts in the country, you got to sell a lot of Curley heads before you get any Opus. You don't order; you take what they send you.

Doc.

From what I understand, from a fella who has one of the oldest Fuente accounts in the country, you got to sell a lot of Curley heads before you get any Opus. You don't order; you take what they send you.

Doc.
Ok well I know they are fuente dealers, they are on the fuente site, so I sent an email to fuente pleading with them as a customer to send some OPUS to the store. So who knows what that will do but its worth a shot!

Doc.

Several years ago I was talking to an owner of a B&M in my area and he echoed the exact sentiments. According to him, he has no input as far as getting Opus, Anejos, and Hemingway, and the like. The longer you've had the acount and the more regular fuente product you sell then the better likelihood of getting a good assortment of the hard to find stuff. But, he said he never knows what he will get. He is just happy with whatever shows up.

Doc.

Several years ago I was talking to an owner of a B&M in my area and he echoed the exact sentiments. According to him, he has no input as far as getting Opus, Anejos, and Hemingway, and the like. The longer you've had the acount and the more regular fuente product you sell then the better likelihood of getting a good assortment of the hard to find stuff. But, he said he never knows what he will get. He is just happy with whatever shows up.

Piss 'em off and they'll send you 700 boxes of "It's a Girl" before you ever see another Hemingway, too. :laugh:

My local B&M has these ceramic Tobacco Store Indian figurines, and when the Fuente reps would come buy, they'd always admire them and . . . leave with 'em. :whistling:

We get Anejos and holiday samplers now, and lots of Hemingway (even WOAM) but when it comes to Opus, the Fuentes always say "the book is closed, but if anyone gives up or loses their account, we'll let you in." :rolleyes:

~Boar

I think the whole wait forever to get an Opus Acct is true. However, I don't think it is like that for the other stuff. My retailers told me they can order what they want and get it. I think af had to be more friendly about that stuff. Too many high quality brands out there that the retailer can give business to.

Doc.
Ok well I know they are fuente dealers, they are on the fuente site, so I sent an email to fuente pleading with them as a customer to send some OPUS to the store. So who knows what that will do but its worth a shot!

Let me know how that works out for you.

:rolleyes:

Doc.

I think its admirable that you want to help your local B&M out.

John

Doc.

John

Well John,

I see it this way, the more input I give, and the more I try to help them out, the better the shop becomes for me and everyone else that comes in. they are not cigar people so I have to try to give all the input I can. I want to be able to just decide I want to try something I havent tried befor and take a suggestion from someone here and get it localy that day. Obviously there are thousands upon thousands of cigars out there and they cant carry them all, but I do pass on a lot of information about those I smoke, and about those that others on here are raving about. I try a lot of stuff Ihave never heard of as well because.... I might like it! I took a shot the other day on a TE-AMO a knock off of a NUB and it was horrible, but it was 4 bucks and at least I was able to tell the B&M that IMO they needed to blow them out and put something else in their place.

Just my thoughts

Scott

The people that run your B&M aren't cigar people? What is it, some cigarette shit hole with a small humi?

What kind of finder's fee do you charge for Opus?

The people that run your B&M aren't cigar people? What is it, some cigarette shit hole with a small humi?

The smoke Nazis don't differentiate one iota between fine cigar tobacco and cigarettes. Neither should you.

Doc.

The smoke Nazis don't differentiate one iota between fine cigar tobacco and cigarettes. Neither should you.

Doc.

I don't... I just don't like when people sell things they don't know about. When I go into a store to buy something (whether it be cigars or a TV) I expect the person to know about the product they are selling me.

It's such an noble act to help your B&M to acquire some Opus.
Just wondering, are you going to charge your B&M some hook up fees?

already mentioned a few post above.

Doc.

John

Well John,

I see it this way, the more input I give, and the more I try to help them out, the better the shop becomes for me and everyone else that comes in.
they are not cigar people so I have to try to give all the input I can.
I want to be able to just decide I want to try something I havent tried befor and take a suggestion from someone here and get it localy that day. Obviously there are thousands upon thousands of cigars out there and they cant carry them all, but I do pass on a lot of information about those I smoke, and about those that others on here are raving about. I try a lot of stuff Ihave never heard of as well because.... I might like it! I took a shot the other day on a TE-AMO a knock off of a NUB and it was horrible, but it was 4 bucks and at least I was able to tell the B&M that IMO they needed to blow them out and put something else in their place.

Just my thoughts

Scott

No, these are your directions.