• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help selecting which Illusione to give a B&M owner...

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
As the topic states, I am curious which of the Illusione line would be the best (I know, taste is selective...) to give to a B&M owner in an attempt to sway him towards stocking these cigars. I have had the '88' myself, and found it to be an amazing smoke, but I wanted to know if there was a particular one that would be a better choice. The B&M I am referring to is Taylor's, the shop I had posted about recently, as someone had mentioned that they wished this store stocked Illusione's and Tats. I intend to rectify that! :sign:

*Edit* For clarification, yes I did a search and pretty much found just reviews. I also looked through the review database page and read the reviews. I just was curious if anyone had any particular insight on any of the lineup.

I smoked an 88 2 weeks ago. I agree amazing cigar. I have yet to try anything else in their line, I will try something different tomorrow and see how they compare. Good luck on your quest. I too am also curious to see what other people have to say regarding this brand of cigar

c4g, mk, f9, 68.

mk if you really want to impress, and can only choose one.

Find out what size of cigars the guy likes to smoke and give him that size. I'll favor almost anything in a corona gorda size because that's what I like.

I agree with the Corona Gorda CG4, but as JHolmes said you should try to give him a size he prefers.

I like all of them. I would think it would be cool to give a CG4, and an ECCJ blend, and the Cruzado.

Personally, my two favorites are the GC4 and the 88. For a quick smoke with big flavor, the MK is awesome as well.

IMHO
The CG4.
To me it seems to be the best. Allthough I have tried all of them and liked them all.

~68~ is my fave...

but... taste is subjective :sign:

I have to say I am more partial to the 88 but they are all excellent.

I'm an Illusione whore like my signature says....and my vote is DEFINITELY the ~88~. Hands down.

I have to thank the OP here. I haven't tried an Illusione yet. This thread got me thinking & I decided to try and order a couple. A quick check online led me to Silo Cigars where the pricing seemed right. I decided to read there about us page and bingo, they are just down the road from me.

Ha. I'm going to swing by today & pick up a couple w/o any waiting.

Thanks OP

MK & 88 are amazing smokes.
He wont be disappointed,they are small but with so much taste.
Two of my favorites.

I have to thank the OP here. I haven't tried an Illusione yet. This thread got me thinking & I decided to try and order a couple. A quick check online led me to Silo Cigars where the pricing seemed right. I decided to read there about us page and bingo, they are just down the road from me.

Ha. I'm going to swing by today & pick up a couple w/o any waiting.

Thanks OP

Kevin @ Silo is a good guy.

To the gentleman who thanked me for this thread, my pleasure, Silo is a great place, I actually placed my order for the CG4 based on this thread! Thank you to everyone who replied, it was still a tough decision on which one to choose. I loved the '88', but after really thinking about it, and reading the replies on here, it reminded me that when the owner and I were talking, he mentioned he liked ring gauges around the 46-48 range. I hope that he enjoys this stick enough to stock the Illusione line, and my next mission is to get a couple Tats/Cabs in his hands to try to sway him to pick those up too!

Thank you again everyone, this truly is a great place.

....I actually placed my order for the CG4 based on this thread!
Great move...the cg4, the 88, and even the #2 are really 'representative' of the original Illusione line, taste wise. I find that the eccj & Cruzado line are definitely not typical Illusione...at least not the same flavor profile that brought them to national prominence.

Keep us posted on your progress. It's tough changing the minds of some B&M owners....especially in these economic times. Illusione is not an inexpensive cigar when you factor in Federal, State, and (sometimes) Local taxes. That's how he will look at it..."will it be profitable in my store with my clientèle?"

Just remember, if you succeed, make sure you buy them there!

Good luck :thumbs:

....I actually placed my order for the CG4 based on this thread!
Great move...the cg4, the 88, and even the #2 are really 'representative' of the original Illusione line, taste wise. I find that the eccj & Cruzado line are definitely not typical Illusione...at least not the same flavor profile that brought them to national prominence.

Keep us posted on your progress. It's tough changing the minds of some B&M owners....especially in these economic times. Illusione is not an inexpensive cigar when you factor in Federal, State, and (sometimes) Local taxes. That's how he will look at it..."will it be profitable in my store with my clientèle?"

Just remember, if you succeed, make sure you buy them there!

Good luck :thumbs:

Sound advice! I agree though with what you said, but I have a feeling he will be pretty willing to stock them once he tries the stick. He seemed genuinely interested when I told him about the brand, and then when I told him I would bring him one, he was even more interested! Of course, perhaps it was the idea of a free, new cigar to try, but seeing as he has a whole walk in humidor worth of sticks I doubt free is the selling point, LOL! I will for sure keep everyone here posted on what happens, especially because I know a few guys here are interested in checking out the shop. :thumbs: