• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Help with a Decision

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
My wife graduates from her MBA class this coming May. She has been working hard on her MBA for almost 3 years now, doing the part time program and working full time. She is so excited to graduate and finish this that she literally cannot wait for graduation! I'm also excited and extremely proud of her, as she has convinced me that i do not have the diciplin or drive to go and get a graduate degree. I want to get a awesome graduation present and have been toying around with a couple of ideas. I was thinking a real nice tenis braclet with some expensive stones in it, golf lessons (she really likes golf and wants to spend a lot more time on the course when she is doen with her degree), cooking lessons (real good cook and likes cooking), edjucational wine classes/seminars (helping her learn about the wine that she drinks), or maybe a weekend get-a-way at a B&B somewhere away from the Beltway. This is all i can think of, and was hoping that some of you folks could help me out by thinking of a few other ideas and/or weighing in your 2 cents from previous experiences. Thanks for the advice and recommendations guys.

How about paying for a full day of a spa treatments. Some packages entail massages, manicure, pedicure, facials, body wraps, hair styling - the works.

How about some nice clubs to go along with golf lessons? :) I also like the bed and breakfast deal...

Throw her a party. I did this for my wife a local Vineyard. Had food brought in and invited all her friends, and made it a suprise. It was a smaller gathering, very quaint. She said the best part was the though and effort that I put in to planning it, invitations... She actually said that no single gift could make compare to it...

Just an thought.

I'd go with the tennis bracelet or if she doesn't have a diamond wedding band. Something along those lines. She'll get enjoyment out of it, it will constantly remind her of the work she put into the MBA and your appreciation of that.

The best part of all is she's likely to give you pleasure on the night she receives it. ;)

I am sure that i want to do something material so that she'll have it for some time after. I do like the spa idea, and the party too. Maybe a combination of both?

Spa, dinner, then present her with the bracelet.

Afterwards -

"Turn off the lights, light a candle............"

If you get her a bracelet, I'd get the underside engraved with her name and possibly even the date she graduates.

Also, if she already has golf clubs, after some lessons a nice weekend get away to a nice golf resort would do just fine, and you get to benefit too. :D

There is always nice purses too, my girl tends to like Coach's a bit too much :(

I think a combination of a material gift and a get away is the way to go. The material gift she can have forever, but after dealing with all the stress of grad school you really want a break. Time to sit and think of nothing, where your main concern is how to enjoy the days you have off.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='791022' date='Jan 6 2009, 02:31 PM']I think a combination of a material gift and a get away is the way to go. The material gift she can have forever, but after dealing with all the stress of grad school you really want a break. Time to sit and think of nothing, where your main concern is how to enjoy the days you have off.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. :thumbs: !!!!

I graudate college this coming May, and all I want to do is take a damned vacation! :laugh:

Didnt you just buy her a new car and marry her? Buy her a box of Cohiba Siglo V's :)

Is she a social person? If so I would go for the party.
If she is not I would go with the weekend getaway with some kind of jewlery.

I would say a small party and surprise golf getaway weekend make all the plans pack her up and drive her away.......

She has probably been stressed all to hell with work and school, treat her to some R&R. whether you send her to a spa, or take her away for a weekend, give her some relaxation, it sounds like she REALLY deserves it.

Didnt you just buy her a new car and marry her? Buy her a box of Cohiba Siglo V's :)
True, but i ended up with the better end of both of those! It would be a shame to not enjoy the graduation myself though...

You guys are doing great with the suggestions. I'm going to have to do some more searches to see whats in driving distance. I like the B&B idea.