• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help with a stockpile of cigars?

moki

el Presidente
I've got a bunch of cigars here that I'm aiming to try in the near future; wanted to see what people thought of them, so I might narrow in on which to give a shot to first. These are all sitting in my humidor, just haven't gotten to them yet.

Any opinions/observations on any of these cigars would be most welcome:

Onyx Reserve mini Belicoso
Nat Sherman
Rocky Patel 1992
La Gloria Cubana Series R
Petrus Fortus
Cusano Xclusivos perfecto
Trilogy by Alec Bradley (weird triangular cigar)
Oliva "O" maduro/natural
Oliva "O" Bold
Oliva Master Blends robusto
Ghurka (some naturals, maduros, and perfecto-shaped)
CAO MX2
CAO Maduro
CAO Criollo
Torano Exodus
Torano Tribute
Torano Signature
AVO Signature
AVO Maduro
AVO 77
Saint Luis Rey pyramid
Dunhill belicoso (no idea what this is -- just a maroon band, serialized, that says "Dunhill" on it)
La Aurora Cigars Preferidos 1903 Platinum
Perdomo2 torpedo
H.Upmann Chairman Reserve
Don Thomas Special Edition robusto
Flor de Oliva Grand Cameroon
Grand Nica torpedo

SH!T, Just get to smokin them........they all have ther good points!!!!

This is the last thing you should be thinking about after the big CHIEF you damn near died smokin :p

WOW! :0 That's a lot of sticks to digest. I'll recommend you smoke the AVO's and Onyx as they are favorites from your list. You deserve some good ones after your Indian Chief ordeal :p

I'm a huge maduro fan, but the Onyx is on my blacklist. I just don't like it, pure and simple. The CAO Mx2 however, is pretty good for the price, IMO. Much better flavor.

All the ones on your list that I gave you are pretty decent up to really good. :D

Man are you going to be busy................... ;)

My choices would be the La Gloria Cubana R
Olivio Maddie
Onyx Mini Belicoso
Perdomo Exponente 2

There are some great sticks in there, some of my favorites in fact.

Avo's are always good.
Oliva's are excellent for the price.
Torano cigars are always constructed well, I like the signature toro myself.

You should try the La Aurora Preferidos first.

Then the Rocy Patel 1992 then the Trilogy (those are the three I have smoked and my order of preference. All are worth smoking.)

IMO:

For an everyday smoke - one of the best maddies around :thumbs:

Nat Sherman
MILD!

Hate 'em, but I'd say you should surely give them a try bacuase I'm apparently the only one here who doesn't love the. My review (also for Petrus - funny your list is in this order): http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...=3239&hl=petrus

Petrus Fortus
Not sure about the Fortus, but I'm VERY fond of the Antonious (see review in the above link). I'll always have a fond spot for Felipe (maker of the Petrus). The Felipe II Reserva N was the first box I ever bought and probably THE (well, along with the Onyx Mini Bell) cigar to turn my in a regular cigar smoker.

My review: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...3142&hl=trilogy

Though limited, every experienceI had with a Ghurka has been very pleasant :thumbs:

CAO MX2
CAO Maduro
CAO Criollo
Torano Exodus
Torano Tribute
Torano Signature
Perdomo2 torpedo
Not a big fan of 90% of the stuff that comes out of the Perdomo factories :(

AVO Signature
AVO Maduro
AVO 77
AVO's are Yummy!

Dunhill belicoso (no idea what this is -- just a maroon band, serialized, that says "Dunhill" on it) I have 6 various Dunhills (with these burgandy bands) I picked up for putting. I plan on having the churchill tomorrow and will post an opinion.

They are worth the non-tubo price, but even as one of my favorite domestics - not worth the "packaging premium"

Gross :( Don Tomas are not good a'tal

For the money, this is one AWESOME cigar. Atlantic cigars has boxes of these for less than $50. I'll gladly split one if you end up liking them.

Cheers,
(IMO) Dixie

I totally agree with your review of the Petrus Antonious. Moki has the Anejo 1 which has a bit more oomph to it plus 3 years in the box now.

Rocky Patel - in my opinion is a poor man's PAM. Definitely a Favorite.
Onyx - Very Smooth and flavorful.
Any Oliva.

I love Gurkhas. They're great smokes (very flavorful), albeit a little overpriced in shops. The only one I'm not that happy with is the Master Select #3. It's a small perfecto and they tend to have a very tight draw.

I'd smoke up the AVOs and the "O"s
AVO- Great smooth taste, Medium bodied :love:
"O"- Nice and oily, Medium to Full bodied :love:

In my opinion the Rocky Patel is one of the best sticks that has been released in the last year (for the price anyway).

Oliva "O" Bold
LGC Serie R
Oliva Master Blend
CAO Mx2

And if RicMac25 sez Rocky Patels are poor man's PAM's then I'd try those first ;)

moki said:
Any opinions/observations on any of these cigars would be most welcome:

I didn't like 'em, but I'm not a maduro fan.

Nat Sherman
never had one.

Rocky Patel 1992
The 92's are better (imho) than the 90's, but they are pretty mild. A decent cigar at best (imho)

Smelly, but tastey. Spicy and lots of smoke (which I like). Havn't had one in a while, but they were pretty good.

Petrus Fortus
never had one, or heard of it for that matter ???

Cusano Xclusivos perfecto
Very mellow smoke, good early smoke. As I recall light flavors and mild. But a pretty good mild cigar. (and I'm not a mild cigar fan either)

The corojo was pretty good, and the exotic maduro is "ok". For the price (around $3-$4 a stick) they are good... I wouldn't buy a box of them. I'd personally buy Camacho corojo's... but thats just me.

Oliva "O" maduro/natural
Oliva "O" Bold
Oliva Master Blends robusto

All outstanding... Some of my favorite cigars. I don't like the maduro's, but the O, O bold, and MB's are all outstanding. Havn't had a bad one yet! :)

Never had one. Would like to try one.

CAO MX2
CAO Maduro
CAO Criollo

MX2= I've tried 2 of them, had the worst burn problems I've ever seen. I'm not impressed.
CAO gold maduro= Had one with about 10yrs age on it, and it was goood.
Criollo= Had a few, liked them. Medium flavor smoke. Good smoke, good flavor.

Torano Exodus
Pretty decent cigar... Good flavor, could use more smoke though :)

Torano Tribute
Torano Signature

Don't think I've had these yet.

AVO Signature
Very nice. Almost a creamy smooth medium bodied smoke. I really liked'em.

AVO Maduro
AVO 77

Never had.

Saint Luis Rey pyramid
I don't like these :( and they smell terrible.

Dunhill belicoso (no idea what this is -- just a maroon band, serialized, that says "Dunhill" on it)
I've got some with blue bands? Mild... they are good for a mild cigar, but I don't like mild smokes.

Never had one :(

Perdomo2 torpedo
Smoked one (not a torp though), that was gifted to me- and it was excellent... but as I understand, it was well aged. Strong medium bodied smoke- excellent flavor. GOOD CIGAR.

H.Upmann Chairman Reserve
Grand Nica torpedo

Never had 'em.

I thought the Torano Exodus was a poor man's PAM, you mean there's another one...Rocky Patel?? Where can I find them?

I tried the Rocky Patel 1992 Churchill.
The vendor at the cigar shop told me there comparable to the Pams and a cheaper priced smoke.
It's a decent cigar but nowhere near the flavor and oomph of a Pam.
Pams rock. :)