• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Opinions

prophetic_joe

A friend of mine bought these. He described the box they came in to me and it sounded like it was pretty authentic. The price isn't one of those too good to be true prices either. $15 a stick for a Monte 2. But the fact that they are Monte 2's makes me a bit leary. He sent the 3 cigars to me that he bought and from all of the research I've done they seem to be authentic. The wrapper is nice and oily with no soft spots. If they aren't authentic they still look like a very good cigar. I would just like some other opinions.

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

What are you looking for? Opinions on whether they are counterfeits?

1) It's hard to tell from those photos.

2) Nothing hops out as immediately obvious, however...

3) The feet seem sloppy and the bunching looks suspicious and not in a good way.

It's not possible to say with any certainty exactly what you have here.

The fact that they are oily and well filled correlates not at all with the quality of the cigar if it is a counterfeit.

Wilkey

Exactly the type of information I need. So how can I tell what else do I need to look for? I am mainly just wanting to be able to let my friend know abit more about what he may have gotten but with my limited experience I am not a whole lot of help.

Can you get some pics of the box they came from? It's hard to say from those pics.

The box code stamp is almost certainly the wrong font. Tons of proven fakes with that style of font.

Also the clear hologram sticker on the top of the box is a VERY bad sign.

Doesn't look good...

You've been had.....They are fakes...The hologram is the dead give away...If these were bought in the Carribean, 15 dollars a stick is cheap and of course, FAKE!!!

You've been had.....They are fakes...The hologram is the dead give away...If these were bought in the Carribean, 15 dollars a stick is cheap and of course, FAKE!!!

You gonna be alright? You seem a little bit distraught here. No worries man as I stated in the first post I was not the one to buy them. I do however feel bad that I have to tell my friend that they are fake.

Just try one. If they are tasting great and you think they are worth the $, why care? :D