• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some advice for a cigar.

jolawson

I’m thinking about the next type of cigar I’m going to buy. The last ones I got were CAO GOL! 5.0x56. I really enjoy the mildness and the size is just right. What would be another good brand like this in the same price range? I humbly submit this to the Cigar Gods.

have you tried CAO's Italia line? Very excellent cigar. Well within budget also.

I've never tried the CAO's, but I to have a hankering for a mild cigar (although I have a feeling that's about to change with my ERDM experience).

I can recommend, for the price...Leon Jimenes #2's and Don Diego's. I also have some Flor de Gurabo Churchills that are strictly available to the locals in the DR, these are a good mild cigar as well. I have a few I am trying to get rid of. I like them, but i have about 35 of them taking up space, precious space that needs to be occupied by my new Chateau SG's.

Don't exactly take my word though, I am no where near experienced as most the BOTL's on this board, for all I know they are ROFL'ing over my suggestions.

I would not call the CAO Italia mild, but then I wouldn't necessarily call the CAO Brazilia mild either. Also in the price range, you might try the Joya de Nicaragua Antanos (full-bodied) or Celebracion (medium-bodied), the La Aroma de Cuba (great medium-bodied go-to smoke), the Gran Habano Corojo No. 5 (full-bodied), or even the JR Ultimates (medium-to-full bodied depending on the wrapper you choose). You might even try the Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente or Double Chateau (in natural, maduro, or sun grown wrappers), they are in that price range.

There are many, many more, but that should give you something to get started with.

The Italia and the Brazilia as Cigardwag said are not really mild i think IMO they are a bit fuller..

I also enjoy the A/F Cuban Beli and any of the Sungrowns lines.

I would say the CAO Gold i had was very mild. light wrapper, nice smoke and very well constructd, and not that expensive if i can recall. pretty consistant flavor all the way down. very enjoyable.

Being a newbie, my tastes tend to run in the mild to medium range...

You might want to try:
Camacho SLR
Montecristo Serie V
CAO Criollo

Ok, thanks guys! I'm going to check them out. I'm used to harsh cigars, so when I tried the Brazilia I thought it was super mild.

I'm looking around on CigarBid and a lot of people are bidding almost as much as they can just buy them for.

I was also looking around at the Acid Kuba Kuba.

at the Acid Kuba Kuba

I don't think you'll find to many raving reviews on the acid lines. if you do happen to try one, be prepaired to smoke potpori...err however you spell that smelly woodchip and dried flower stuff girls like.

Well I have a 10 pack "the Cheeze" got me and I still have 3 left. That's after I let some friends smoke them too. They're ok, I do like the brazilia's much better. I would like to try the more earthiness one though.

jolawson said:
Well I have a 10 pack "the Cheeze" got me and I still have 3 left. That's after I let some friends smoke them too. They're ok, I do like the brazilia's much better. I would like to try the more earthiness one though.
[snapback]181218[/snapback]​

if you like drew estates, there are an abubdance to choose from that would suit you taste. i would reccomend anything from their "natural" line. light to medium, great draw, pretty consistant and most importantly...fairly affordable.

jolawson said:
Ok, thanks guys! I'm going to check them out. I'm used to harsh cigars, so when I tried the Brazilia I thought it was super mild.
[snapback]181206[/snapback]​

:0 :0

marcsheldon said:
if you like drew estates, there are an abubdance to choose from that would suit you taste. i would reccomend anything from their "natural" line. light to medium, great draw, pretty consistant and most importantly...fairly affordable.
[snapback]181225[/snapback]​

Don't forget though....keep ACIDs out of your humi!

ACIDs shouldn't be put in a humi? Will they're stench get into the other cigars?

Just noticed someone recommended a Joya de Nicaragua Antano. That is one of the strongest cigars (and best!) you will ever smoke.

Newbies who like mild cigars tend to like Helix cigars, I know I did when I was a newbie. Keep it quiet though. We laugh at people who smoke Helixes.

Personally I think there are some taste profile similarities between the Brazilia and the La Gloria Cubana Series R maduros. I like the LGC Series R natural wrappers as well. Had one Monday night that pretty tasty.

jolawson said:
ACIDs shouldn't be put in a humi? Will they're stench get into the other cigars?
[snapback]181269[/snapback]​
Acids should not be refered to as a CIGAR either!!!!

Try something from the A. Fuenet line, ie...8-5-8 Natural or Maduro :D