• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some computer help.....

Here is a link on how to remove the keyboard. Actually its a link on how to remove the optical drive for replacement, but if your feeling saucy...step 1 is removing the keyboard. I cannot stress enough to be careful around the ribbon cable and connector as not the break it...could make an expensive mistake.

Link

Thanks for the advice tpc. I am thinking it could be the connector as well. Yes it does have those little touch pad buttons on it. Those havn't been acting up though so I'm not sure. I would do the keypad removal but I don't want to void the warranty on it. The only reason I got this laptop is because my HP crashed a few months ago and they screwed me out of my warranty on that one. As far as sticky keys or spilling: it's only 3 months old and no liquid has ever gotten close to it so it shouldn't be the problem. Thanks for the suggeestions guys. It is working now so we will see what happens with it.

Well glad its working for you now. Damn pc's are fickle things. And then they start adding cool gadgetry to them without really know what they are doing or they know what they are doing but they have no quality control in place.

I remember a laptop I worked on for my SIL's sister. No display output. Would turn on and then shut right down and she couldn't figure it out. Asked if it mattered if I wiped it (she said no) and well then got mad at me for wiping it lol, which in turn didn't fix it. I kept staring and staring at it wondering why I couldn't get the damn screen to light up. After awhile I notice the little hole near the top of the keyboard by the screen...normally there is a tiny little thing sticking out of it...a button if you will. It was then I realized the problem. Poor quality control allowed the button to get stuck in the down position, making the laptop think the lid was shut.

20 minutes later, and a little opening up of the hole to insure it wouldn't happen again and she had a laptop like new again....completely like out of the box...oops! lol

After awhile I notice the little hole near the top of the keyboard by the screen...normally there is a tiny little thing sticking out of it...a button if you will. It was then I realized the problem. Poor quality control allowed the button to get stuck in the down position, making the laptop think the lid was shut.

I have seen this MANY times on Dells.. especially the D600 series about 6 years ago, or the power button gets stuck underneath the plastic. Yuck.

Ah thanks for bumping this forgot to come back to it. So the issue is still going on. Seems certain keys on the keyboard activated the Ctrl keys to be suck in until I restarted and changed the power source. So if it happened with the battery in I had to take it out and plug the power cord in, and vice versa. I removed the keyboard to where I could see the ribbon connection and nothing seemed to be loose or wrong, and if I were to remove it from there it would void the warranty so I left it.

I got lucky since my older HP (which was still in its box from hp warranty service which they screwed me on) randomly started working again so I shipped the Toshiba off to get fixed today.

I give up on electronics..... ;)

Update: my life sucks.....

Got the laptop back last night. The replaced the board but looks like it didn't fix it. Cant believe I am going to have to send it off again. Now I have to call tech again and waste more of my time. Ahhhh!!

Take off and nuke the fucker from orbit. Only way to be sure.

Your hassles suck. Hope they get solved, Bro.

Trey

Sell it on ebay maybe? Then get a different model? Kinda sucks, but might be worth doing...