• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some CP support...

Thanks guys.

One recruiter from the organization (not a headhunter) contacted me this evening at 9:30 pm asking me to send her an electronic copy of my resume, even though I left her with a few hard copies. Could this be a sign of good things to come? What do you guys think?

I've got my fingers crossed for ya Daniel! No one should get their chain jerked just before Christmas.

Hey man, best of luck. It would be nice to see someone get a job, rather than lose one.

Have a good weekend!

Alrighty, so a week later, here's the story:

Job 1: Offer Made
Pros:
  • Great Salary
  • Good Benefits
  • Non-corporate atmosphere, aka freedom
  • Hierarchy of management puts me as 3rd in charge
  • Work from home if necessary
Cons:
  • Smaller firm
  • No professional associations
  • Opportunity for growth is limited to salary increases

Job 2: No word yet
Pros:
  • Mediocre salary
  • Health-care organization in NYC
  • Benefits package worth over $20k
  • Few long days
  • Incredible opportunity for growth by moving to different divisions of the organization and different positions
Cons:
  • Less Salary then Job 1
  • Hasn't called
  • Not real accounting work, it's financial work, so not really fulfilling to my education
  • Corporate environment, no freedom

So, I'm in a real position. I'd rather work at Job 2 mainly due to the professional affiliations, the resume entry, and the opportunity for growth down the line. But, I haven't heard from them, and Job 1 isn't going to wait forever for a response.

What would you do?

When I mentioned to them that I was finishing graduate school, and asked if cutting out early for class would be an issue, that was his response, which I thought was awesome.

If it were me I would much rather take a job that I love right now.

Go for #1

Today with times as they are, you have a long line behind you is you don't take it, so grab it. Your young, plenty of room to polist the resume when you got some bucks saved up.

And it is official, as of 3:00PM, following a 2nd interview, I have been:

HIRED
as an Associate Controller of a Real Estate Management firm in NYC, with the potential to become the Controller no later then 2011.

Yay :D

Woo hoo! Great news Daniel! Congratulations to you my friend, now smoke one of those special ones!

Great news Dan, great news! Congrats. Hopefully this job works out to be all, or more than you wanted it to be.

Dan I am very new to CP but have read your posts. Congrats and it sounds like a special smoke tonight. Now get back to the grind and enjoy it.

Congrats man! Glad to hear it. I really hope you enjoy your new job. I'm sure you'll do great!